Castle Clash: Guild Royale Today: 2    Total Posts: 1186120

Total:#18

Create Thread

[Chat (Android)] Game mechanics, professional opinions required.

Close [Copy link] 17/2809

Posted on 11/9/14 9:02:06 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Ok, so you know how theres a 35k damage cap, so why is it so important to throw in dps on the mesas? Even my Frost Witch has no trouble hitting for 35k a whack after the druid buffs. So my question is, could it possibly be better to put in heros with higher attack speed versus high damage heros? Could that lead to a faster mesa completion? Thoughts?

Signature
Posted on 11/9/14 9:16:29 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Edited by Ritchell(114763469) at 11-9-2014 09:17 AM

A maxed out mesa attempt has every hero hitting the 200ms attack speed cap and the 35k damage cap. The only way to do more DPS after that is to have every hero survive to attack the boss(es), talents that hit for extra attacks (slow down, heavy blow), and/or heroes that hit more frequently on proc (SZ, Immo). The other way is to delay the stun via FW/Aries.

Signature
Posted on 11/9/14 9:45:41 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

When people say bring DPS heroes to mesa, they mean SnowZilla, Immortep, or Vlad Dracula (in that order). Their procs allow them to hit multiple extra times for a value of said dmg cap of 35k, and their proc also keeps hitting while stunned, making it the only way to really increase dmg.

Attack speed does not matter in mesa because all heroes will eventually hit with 200 ms anyway. Im always annoyed when people bring a ninja for the purpose of his attack speed... anything else is probably better, unless you have him to take hero bomb dmg before pd walks through...

Signature
Posted on 11/9/14 9:51:19 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Ritchel, no. Talents that hit for extra? Fyi, slow down only affects mov speed, and heavy blow is ABSOLUTELY useless in mesas? So, no....and no.

Signature
Posted on 11/9/14 10:00:04 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Randy, i assumed this as well with the speed cap,  but i was hoping i was wrong. I didnt know uf it had been actually tested.

Signature
Posted on 11/9/14 10:26:11 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

(86354646) replied at 11-9-2014 09:51 AM
Ritchel, no. Talents that hit for extra? Fyi, slow down only affects mov speed, and heavy blow is AB ...

Every time slow down activates it hits for 100% on top of slowing move speed. Every time HB activates it hits for 100% on top of stunning (the stun not being relevant in mesa).

As a result, every roughly every 4 hits for SD and every 10 hits for HB the hero will do an extra hit for 100% attack. This is what I mean when I say talents that hit for extra damage. By contrast, something like zerk or war god is useless at 200ms/35k cap. Slow down in particular is beneficial because it's a 25% chance compared to HB or Deadly Strike at 10% chance.

Signature
Posted on 11/9/14 10:27:55 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

(86354646) replied at 11-9-2014 09:51 AM
Ritchel, no. Talents that hit for extra? Fyi, slow down only affects mov speed, and heavy blow is AB ...

Fool, ya fool, heavy blow, slowdown, and deadly strike are proc talents that deal damage everytime they proc.

slowdown does 100% attack power long with heavy blow so they can easily reach the 35k damage cap

Signature
Like IGG at Facebook.com/IGG
Like CC at Facebook.com/CastleClash
Like DH at Facebook.com/DeckHeroes 
Posted on 11/9/14 10:32:02 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

So if Ordinary heroes hit the damage cap for their regular attacks and procs wouldn't a serpent queen be able to have just as much dps as a SZ?  Making her the best or second best option?

Signature
Posted on 11/9/14 10:40:11 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

pfift replied at 11-9-2014 10:32 AM
So if Ordinary heroes hit the damage cap for their regular attacks and procs wouldn't a serpent quee ...

I could be wrong, but I believe SQ's proc applies the percent damage after all other buffs, so she hits for 35k*28% (at 9/9), or 9800 per hit for 12 hits. Not awesome.

Signature
Posted on 11/9/14 10:45:50 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

pfift replied at 11-9-2014 10:32 AM
So if Ordinary heroes hit the damage cap for their regular attacks and procs wouldn't a serpent quee ...

According to many a a person serpent queen does not even get close to the damage cap

Signature
Like IGG at Facebook.com/IGG
Like CC at Facebook.com/CastleClash
Like DH at Facebook.com/DeckHeroes