Castle Clash Today: 145    Total Posts: 1108828

Total:#8

Create Thread

[Chat (Android)] WL or Pixie for GW

[Copy link] 7/351

Posted on 3/20/17 2:28:31 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Looking to focus on either WL (5 Revite) or Pixie (5 BW) for GW. Already got GR and Aries to Devo 200 - who would be better to spend time on please?

Signature
Posted on 3/20/17 2:30:31 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

WL is far better

Signature
CASTLE CLASH TOOLS
http://cctools.altervista.org/en/
Posted on 3/20/17 9:59:30 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Both. Pixie removes sk shield which makes life a lot easier. Paired with aries, warlock and cupid you can do some serious damage

Signature
130k might
Cleared:
HBM R
Expert Dungeon 8-9
HT 14
Max reward on Boss 3
All before getting a PD
Posted on 3/20/17 10:27:37 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Warlock is huge when it comes to sniping, but is hard to justify including in other teams.  If you're going to snipe, he's your guy for sure.

Pixie can be very helpful in sniping teams, but is not necessary.  I got along without her in my sniping team, and often got the top score in my guild.  If not, even without a SK, demo, or good talents on my snipers, I was never far behind.

The thing about pixie is, she can also be useful in non-sniping teams.  Any time you are going to go against SK, she can be useful.

At this point, I don't think sniping teams are anywhere near as viable in GW offense as they used to be.  For defenders, there are so many counters, and the power of those counters really adds up.  A good number of truly powerful autoproc heroes exist and have long since been leveled up.  Stoneskin has started becoming popular.  Pets heal for enormous amounts, and what with all the stun towers, can often get off multiple heals.  Along with shielding pets, they have only just begun to come into their true power. in negating/attenuating GW sniping attacks.

So the question shifts sideways into whether you want to build up sniping teams at all.  For myself, after a long run with a great sniping team, pouring resources into it until everyone is almost completely maxed (only reaper is at a mere devo 185 9/10 skill), I've turned away from sniping and would advise people think carefully about pouring the considerable time and resources it takes to develop a team into your snipers.

You may no longer find warlock nearly so valuable or worth developing.  Does that mean pixie suddenly is?  Pretty debatable.  Maybe neither should be a focus any longer.

Signature
Posted on 3/20/17 10:36:45 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Both, but first wl, he is the better sniper of the two, but again definitely both, if you come up against a anti-mino base (troops in centre) you don't want to have grizzly proc off buildings before even hitting heroes, this is when you want Pixie as alternative. I use Aries, cupid, wl, pixie, tree, sk. I only switch out Pixie for gr when she isn't hitting hard enough against a high level bubblow

Signature
Posted on 3/21/17 12:24:09 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

use both. one thing people tend to miss is that in h2h snipers are useful because they only target heroes, whereas other types - aoe, nukers they target buildings. so even if you're doing h2h in gw, snipers are still the safest bet to go with. of course they're tad fragile compared to the other tankier heroes, but you can always try again and again until you kill all the enemies.

Signature
Posted on 3/21/17 2:35:46 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Sorry but with the emergence of Michael in both defense and offense, pixie is now irrelevant. Also with anubis showing up, you will need more buffers. Definitely upgrade your warlock.

I have switched m guild wars team to michael,pd,cupid (3 buffers), aries and warlock ( 2 snipers) and skull knight (melee). I stopped using pixie wg cuz her proc is not enough against top tier bases.

Ps I always get top 5 bases with my current set up

Signature
Join TakeAChance. Got a new YouTube nvr2serious for guild wars with michael. Lost Battlefield. Mid-tier acct trying to relate to others. :)
Posted on 3/21/17 5:19:30 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Pixie is not a top 3 sniper choice. The order is debatable but the heroes aren't. Warlock, Aries, Grizzly Reaper are the toops. Whatever you want to do with the rest of your team ia personal preference. I go with SK, WL, GR, Aries, Cpd, Tree (yes no pd, snipers eat  buildings too fast) if cupid isnt buffing atk enough try to swap in Michael for GR, youll try then all on top 5 basrs but eventually tear them to bits.
Any questions feel free to ask.

Signature
Regards,
Glenno