Castle Clash: Brave Squads Today: 8    Total Posts: 1157851

Create Thread

[Chat (Android)] Long hiatus - any advice??

[Copy link] 5/368

Posted on 1/13/18 1:38:50 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Stopped playing when i hit 200k quite some time ago.. latest hero is revenant if that says anything.

I see a whole bunch of new stuff. Obviously heroes. But labyrinth. More dungeons. Destiny?? Artherocks. Equipment.

If you had the resources what would you start out with for the most added potential?

If any guilds are looking for a new member to show the "ropes" you can message me on line: bigboimav
[Title Edited by FirstLady]

Posted on 1/13/18 2:15:28 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Destiny is nearly useless unless you have too much fame.   Then you can get a few heroes to skills 11 and 12, but at very steep cost

Two new talents are not must haves.   Good on some heroes, but not very much in demand

Lab is meh.   Adjusted a bit after initial release, but still not of great deal of use.

Equipment is big deal.   It is not as powerful a boost as evo or devo, but it is must have on key heroes.   Costs fame and dupes to augment equipment, then gems to roll useful enchantment (a sort of talent) and traits (boosts to some attributes)

And, the new heroes since Revenant are a huge deal.  All of them are better than Revenant.  In particular, GS, Anubis, WallaWalla (aka Wally) and Michael are stars and should be on top of to-do list if you ever draw them.

My guild is always recruiting good active people, but a lot really depends on whether the time of events fits your schedule.   We run in the evening for most events (boss at 21 ST, 21:30 ST, FF at 20 ST, Torch at 20:45 ST).

Guild: Neldy (we are recruiting)
Name: Rusty (Rustyx in game)
Might: ~200k
Guild title: resident smartass.
Posted on 1/13/18 3:24:08 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

This thread has been banned.

Honesty is the best policy.
Don´t lie!
Posted on 1/13/18 4:27:55 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

One obvious change is that the forum is sub-divided into sections, and reflecting back it has always been this way.  The purpose for the sub-divisions is so that all of a specific topic are confined within a certain area.

"Guild Section" Contains guild recruitment and questions regarding guilds.
"Off Topic" Contains non-CC related content as well as seeking guild related teams (Mesa/Lava/Inferno) - Long story.
"Chat Sections" Contains all CC related questions, answers and concerns.

I feel it was necessary to share this to explain my editing your title to exclude the guild referral inquiry and suggest that you create a separate thread in the guild section to address this concern.

Follow IGG    Follow CC
Posted on 1/13/18 6:22:18 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

If I was coming back after a long break and had the resources, I'd get Anubis and Gunslinger, devo and augment them (new feature mentioned above) and get into a lava 4/is1 team to farm resources.

As for GW, I'd get a scorch/dodge Ronin, add the finix pet to him, and ronin bomb the top bases.  If you snipe, Wallawalla pretty much replaces Warlock but sniping top bases is more difficult now.

For PvP, get a Skeletica and Wallawalla.

The rest of the game isn't massively different and the old heroes still work just fine, although Aries is slightly less powerful than before.

Posted on 1/14/18 2:07:31 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

I'd get my heroes ready for guild wars and lava 3/4 and especially work on the ones that overlapped well with both modes and some other good modes.

Gunslinger is probably the game-changer of the year.  She is going to be hard to get used to fighting when you do guild wars offense.  That means you should get and develop one yourself ASAP, to frustrate your guild's enemies.

Luckily, she is incredible in any defensive mode - guild wars, lava, hero trials, HBM, ember army, etc. -- so literally no resources you spend on her will be wasted.  You can leave her at 9/10 for a while, but don't hesitate to devo her.

Anubis is the other monster new hero available to you now.  There are others, but those two are the most important.  I would develop them first and you can safely ignore everyone else until you get them at least devo 180 uncapped and 9/10 skill.

Walla walla is amazing, but you do not need him the way you do the others.  You don't really need him at all.  Still, he is so good at so many things that he should be a very high priority once you get the other two very well-developed.

You also would do well to keep maxing out ghoulem if you haven't already.  Many people use walla instead of him in many game modes, but he is still a king in lava and hbm, and still great anywhere a healer and shielder are needed.  Since he is needed in multiple positions in lava 3 and 4 and still excellent everywhere, you are very likely to keep getting huge value out of him for a long time.  

Finally, if you are going to spend money, try to spend when either of two things are going on:

1.  *insert name of month here* Gifts -- these are things like essences, karmic rocks, pet stones, fame stones, sometimes even revite crests, which get given out in three tiers depending on how much you spend.  Thing is, they get given out for free ALONG WITH whatever you buy at that level.  So if you buy a 50 buck Limited Time Offer in the bazaar, for instance, you will pick up the corresponding * Gifts pack for free, plus the next lowest one.  Buy a max Limited Time Offer at the bazaar and you will get all three * Gifts.  Doing a combo "buy" like this will get you some of the best rewards in the game and it's the best bargain you're going to get for your cash at present.

2.  Plant for Prizes:  this is an event which gives you rewards every time you either spend 2000 gems or buy 1400(or extra increments of spending)  Some of them are excellent, like high level essences.  When you have used up 10/25/50 tries, I think it goes, you can get even better rewards, like ten each of the fame stones, level 5 crest sets, etc.  

If you plan your spending to coincide with one or both of these two events -- whether you're spending gems (rolling for new heroes?) or spending cash, you will be doing a lot more for your account than otherwise.

There are lots of other tips, but some have been mentioned and this post is long enough.  Good luck!