Castle Clash: Brave Squads Today: 6    Total Posts: 1162610

Total:#6

Create Thread

[Chat (Android)] just got another 5/8 stone skin

[Copy link] 5/340

Posted on 6/9/18 11:00:20 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Hello people,

I recently rolled a SS talent and have troubles deciding where to put it.
the candidates heroes for this talent are 
WW - 4 empower
Anubis - 4 brute force
Athene - 4 war god 
Storm eater - 2 Enlighten
Rockno - 5 life drain
my top choice is rockno, but i barely use him anywhere. 

thanks,

Signature
Posted on 6/9/18 11:13:43 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I think it depends on how easy it will be to obtain FGs.

At the moment I prefer FG on WW Anubis and Athene, which makes SS on Rockno a slam dunk.

However, if FG/SS are rare (F2P for example), then I would put the SS on Walla.  Walla is too critical a hero to not have a good talent, and without any form of defensive talent, he gets rekt in most H2H situations.

Signature
iOS - DarkKnights
Posted on 6/10/18 12:19:50 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Rockno is one of those heroes that is nearly useless without SS, and useful with SS.   He is still not top tier with SS, but he is pretty good with it.

None of the other listed have SS as their best talent, although I can't really disagree with Hanyabull take above.   Still, I like FG better on him, and my rule is "best heroes get what is best for them"

Signature
Guild: Neldy on Android (we are recruiting)
Name: Rusty (Rustyx in game)
Might: ~220k
Guild title: resident wisenheimer.
Posted on 6/10/18 8:43:33 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Rock. No doubt about that. Best Talent for the hero  :)

Signature
[left]You are the best for yourself[/left]
Posted on 6/11/18 2:48:15 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

I can dig what hanyabull is saying, and so agree with Fe203 too, but want to point out that when considering whether to put SS on Walla rather than his best talent, flameguard, consider that what's going on with flameguard doesn't end with flameguard.  It's increased very significantly with the Victors Lunge enchant.  You greatly increase his power and safety by going from 45% to 60% deflect.  Should you really deflect that much, that's as good as 8/8 stoneskin ... plus of course you get the damage that is doing to the enemy.  It's very serious business.

As you would likely want Walla to have his ideal talent of FG anyway, I don't think you can make a straight comparison of FG vs SS on him without taking Victors Lunge into account.  There is nobody outside Mino I'd put VL on first ... and I don't even use Mino anymore.

So ask yourself if SS is truly better than a *proper* FG Walla ... which means a walla that is FG plus VL.  Once you do that, I think it is harder to support choosing stoneskin over FG for walla.

Plus, stoneskin is fantastic on Rockno.  It is generally conceded to be his best talent.

So why give someone's best talent to someone else?  

I honestly believe Walla is great with virtually any talent or none.  And that, given his importance, you will find a great talent for him one way or another, by hook or by crook.  Meanwhile, either give your Rockno that SS, or a FG (which actually Walla should get!) or retire him.  I maxed my Rockno out fast and shelved him just as fast before he got SS, through bitter (and surprised) experience.  He needs a premium defensive talent or he is so weak as to be almost useless in today's game.  Either give him one, or move on.  And I mean immediately.

Once you do ... you'll like him.

Until then, forget it.

Signature
Posted on 6/13/18 1:09:42 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

definitelly rockno..he needs that tankyness...as for anubis fg is better than ss if u go for thankyness as then he can tanksnipe dok or nkt let skelly heal or drop down every enemy nub cuz of % def not being reduced so deflected fully

Signature