Castle Clash: Brave Squads Today: 11    Total Posts: 1168297

Total:#14

Create Thread

[Chat (Android)] Castle clash has become to much of a grind

[Copy link] 13/1083

Posted on 8/11/18 12:35:53 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

I am at the point of logging in for sweeping dungeons and hbm once a day, say hi to the guild members and then log out. Occasionally do lbf and labrnyth but really only play gw and if. For players such as myself who have been here so long and invested so much, the game has flipped into a direction that ultimately focused on constantly creating a better deal each day after the last to the point where now it is just out of hand. Other than doing the guild events I also have started playing other games. On one hand I wish they didn't go the direction they have, but on the other it has given me reason to spend like I used to.

Signature
Posted on 8/11/18 11:16:49 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

The best to do in your case is to quit. Hearthstone is fun as you just STARTED playing it. Play it a little longer and you'll end up with the same complaint as this one.

Signature
:wq!
Posted on 8/13/18 11:35:39 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

It's such a grind at times. But the only reason I do it is because I'm hopelessly addicted, have remortgaged my house, 5 times, contracted my kids out to neighbors for odd jobs, divorced my wife (cause she doesn't like the game), sold the car, sold the family jewels, pawned all my fishing stuff....

just kidding. I'd never pawn all my fishing stuff!!!

But I digress. It's a grind because the end goal is unattainable, and you keep running faster and faster on the same hamster wheel to get there. But...

weeeeeeeeee! Isn't that wheel just so much FUN !?!?!

:P

Signature
Posted on 8/13/18 12:37:43 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I quit for over a year and recently came back.  I vowed there would be no money spent (lies) and that I wouldn't allow the game to become what it had before...a perpetual, joyless, money sucking grind.  The first month and a half back were more fun than the first few years I played; however, I find myself slipping right back into my old ways of hard grinding and trying to obtain an unattainable goal, which is why I'm taking another small break to recalibrate and reevaluate the reasons I came back in the first place.

Signature
Peace