Castle Clash: Brave Squads Today: 16    Total Posts: 1168816

Total:#3

Create Thread

[Chat (Android)] Wardens in Guild Wars

[Copy link] 2/490

Posted on 9/13/18 11:46:12 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Some people have been saying how wardens have made their game more strategic and interesting but I would like to hear how since I'm currently rolling with the same teams as before wardens with pretty much the same success as before.

GW is probably the most important game mode so I would like to hear.

1. How Wardens have changed your GW offense (or defence, but defence doesn't matter that much)?

2. How many times do you switch heroes during GW because of wardens?

3. Is there a specific hero that causes you headache because of subdue?

4. Do you feel that certain hero(es) have become useful because of subdue / wardens? And do you use those heroes.

5. Do you feel that wardens make you score more or less points?

I don't want to hear any "could use this and that" gibberish, made up use cases or something like "we are just learning how to use wardens so they don't affect our teams yet". Just tell us how your GW gameplay has changed after the wardens update.

Signature
Posted on 9/14/18 8:22:36 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

I don't know about more strategic, it's just yet another update with minor differences.

> 1. How Wardens have changed your GW offense
Enemy lavanicas became slightly more dangerous versus a h2h/snipe team, not only because subdue made them more resistent to Dove which increases the chance of timeouts versus some teams, but because they could combine with a warden to kill key heroes, which increases the risk of dropping flames.  The major change was to prioritise killing the enemy Lavanicas in the first 8 to 25 seconds to reduce the risk.  Pre-update, didn't bother as enemy Lavas were no real risk versus a strong team.  And some people now snipe Lava rather than risk h2h/snipe timeouts.

Secondly, switching between GW attack styles is easier.  For example, Ronin bomb is now a low effort alternative if you want a change but don't want to put in a lot of effort.  You can just throw on revive crests, use the use the prophet warden for all your healing and it'll outperform goblet and life drain crests.  The extra destiny boost doesn't hurt either.  And with stronger base destroying heros to complement ronin, going in with AC first isn't as important, resulting in less effort needed to get your 15 flames.

> 2. How many times do you switch heroes during GW because of wardens
 None.  We aleady know how wardens work, so have adjusted attack teams already.

> 3. Is there a specific hero that causes you headache because of subdue?
A month ago: Lavanica.  Simply because of the risk of her combining with a warden to kill key heroes.
Today: None.  Wardens are old news and adjustments have already been made

> 4. Do you feel that certain hero(es) have become useful because of subdue / wardens?
A month ago: Very "average" heroes like Creation-1 / Asura / Lil Nick / Dread Drake became slightly more useful on defense to get the prophet warden.
Today: with today's update, we can now trigger wardens with only 3 heroes.  So no need to use less than ideal heroes any more.  So they're now back in the altar and no real reason to use them now.

> 5. Do you feel that wardens make you score more or less points?
Zero difference. If you're used to 15 flames each GW none of the IGG updates, including wardens, will affect that.  Wardens was just another update, no big deal.

Signature
Posted on 9/14/18 9:31:38 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Fe2O3 and ojdiaz are the best to describe this exactly but from the video i have seen this is what i gathered:
The video showed Minotaur, Cirrina, Dread Drake, Ronin, Anubis and Lavanica.
On the first few he didnt use Lavanica because his Ronin cleaned up.
Basically he attracted Dovekeepers Doves with troops and Anubis, used Mino and Cirrina to clear the base around 80% then spammed troops to attract doves again and dropped Ronin.
When Ronin was incognito the Green Warden would proc and fill Ronins Health around a 3rd.
As his Ronin had High Dodge Traits when he was visible he survived for ages.
When Ronin eventually died he dropped Dread Drake with Doom Balloon to finish up.

This is one way I have seen strategy being used in GW, i personally am a head to head player as my team is built mostly that way but I gave this a try myself and it worked quite well.

The video in question will be available in the next Hero Focus hopefully this weekend if i get the time on my PC.
Its worth a look.

Signature
https://www.youtube.com/user/PixelsYoda
LINE: iYoDa2.0