Castle Clash: Brave Squads Today: 24    Total Posts: 1175266

Total:#9

Create Thread

[Chat (Android)] Dove keeper for a fiver in the bazaar

[Copy link] 8/1257

Posted on 4/15/19 12:23:57 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

So DK is now in the $4.99 pack for the third time, which is unusual for such an important hero.  I'm speculating why IGG are selling at that price. 3 possibilities I came up with,:

1. She's going to be Mays freebie on clashes day, and IGG want to make every penny they can out of her first.

2. She's about to get massively nerfed.

3. An attempt to break the resolve of a few more f2p who don't have her (It's really tempting on my f2p account, I have to say!!)

Obviously only IGG know the real reason, but just for fun what do you think is behind it?

Signature
Posted on 4/15/19 4:17:59 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Once you have a hero, you need resources.   That is where the sales are lately.   You get cheap heroes and then you spend to build her up.

And, yes, Dove for $5 is a HUGE bargain.

Signature
Guild: Neldy on Android (we are recruiting)
Name: Rusty (Rustyx in game)
Might: ~415k
Guild title: resident wisenheimer.
Line ID: Rustytroll (big shock there, eh?)
Posted on 4/15/19 5:09:07 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I will approach this from (2) directions:
Player Alter Ego:
Why yes I think Dove Keeper is a major bargain at $4.99, and that some if not all your potential scenarios maybe be correct.......or not.  Having said that; I don't really care eitherway.8-)

FirstLady
I think it is really interesting that the marketing strategies of a tap tap game are of such importance to anyone not associated with the company.

I think that life provides us with such a wealth of relevent issues in our day to day, that the mindset of a tap tap game should not among the top issues.

I think it is very suspect when we get threads on the message board of a tap tap game that appear to promote negative feedback, no matter how unintentional.

I think that you either enjoy the game or not, and if you do then share your knowledge and help to expand on that enjoyment with others.  However if you don't, then move on and get a life.:angel:

Signature

Follow IGG @Facebook.com/IGG    Follow CC @Facebook.com/CastleClash
Posted on 4/16/19 4:19:27 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Or IGG just decided that this hero is worth that much (even that we know it is game changer just like anubis and it should be not that cheap) and they want to convince more ppl to get it. I bet there are many accs, which don't even have GS, not talking about DK. Rolling is random thing, you can't expect everyone to get it.

Signature
Vice of Nation_Army. Want to know more about us ?? Check this:
http://cc.forum.igg.com/topic?ctid=189821&t=1454402552&p=1

Posted on 4/16/19 7:38:38 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

From time to time, IGG tries to level a playing field.   A new player coming into the game has probably a lot of legends which people say "meh, OK for now, but not endgamer material".   And then they offer a cheap hugely OP hero, so that new player doesn't get discouraged by his altar and gives up on game because they think "I'll never be able to catch up".

Signature
Guild: Neldy on Android (we are recruiting)
Name: Rusty (Rustyx in game)
Might: ~415k
Guild title: resident wisenheimer.
Line ID: Rustytroll (big shock there, eh?)
Posted on 4/16/19 9:51:56 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

My advice.. Keep your f2p just as like it is. Once you entertain just that one cheap purchase, the next will be so much more easier to justify and the next and the next.... Hehehe

Rather see how good you can make that f2p without real money.

Signature
_xaos_
Posted on 4/16/19 10:37:11 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Honestly, 5 USD is a heck ton for just a hero in CC. Even though it may be good and it may be a great deal as all of you say, I still do not want to support Google Play Purchases in stealing our credit card info. I would buy it if it was through a secure official IGG site, and not that crap.

Signature
Posted on 4/16/19 12:45:52 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

If you are really F2P then it's a non-issue. You don't buy it.

If you are P2P and don't have her, then SCORE!

If you are P2P and have her, move on.

Seriously sad to see this thread was made. It serves no purpose. If it had been a "hey, did you notice the awesome deal for DK?" then it would have served a purpose.

Signature
2Crazy4U, 2Crazy, 2C, Bob ... it is all the same. I am F2P and proud of it.
Always looking for new members in my laid-back guild: 2Crazy4U
Posted on 4/17/19 3:46:57 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

1: maybe, highly doubt that

2: nah.. not gonna happen, IIG kindda forgets old hero’s and focus on new cashcow hero’s (see point 4)

3: ftp/p2p, at this point dous it even matter? For both (if they don’t have her) it’s a bargain, I don’t think IIG will be awake at night if they sell 3 extra DK’s to ftps..

4. Ok it’s speculation (but tbh your 3 points are aswell) but I think next few months a DK 3.0 will be released (like DK was a GS 2.0) hence the price drop

Signature