Castle Clash: Brave Squads Today: 34    Total Posts: 1179586

Total:#8

Create Thread

[Chat (Android)] Errors in drop rates

[Copy link] 7/1739

Posted on 6/13/19 7:07:55 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

The drop rates for the Legendary Pet eggs is a work of fantasy, or perhaps better put innumeracy.

If you add the listed percentages up you get to 899.98% which is clearly nonsense. They should add up to 100%. It is also suspiciously close to 900% which would suggest the figures need dividing through by nine.

Signature
Posted on 6/13/19 7:23:34 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

There is no errors , i didn't calculate it but if you do then you will find :

Ordinary Pet Egg : 300% >> because it generate 3 pets

Rare Pet Egg : 600% >> because it generate 6 pets

Legendary Pet Egg : 900% >> because it generates 9 pets

It's the same as everything that give more then 1 items

Signature
Posted on 6/13/19 7:37:27 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

For long time ppl were writing that drop rates are lowered, and IGG is cheating ppl.
Now when finally IGG decided to write all drop rates so ppl would know how it looks like you are writing they are making unclear posts.
Those percentages are clearly not calculated to add them to be 100%. They are calculated how big chance you have to receive specific pet from specific egg. This is much easier, cause when they will add one new item they can just set specific % to that item, and they would not have to change anything else.
If they were supposed to match everything to be up to 100% they would have to lower value of other elements in that pack, to fit new element in it which is risky, cause someone can make mistake in that calculation. And this would bring real problem, cause if that mistake would happen, ppl would be complaining (and they would be right with that) cause someone made mistake.
With this way mistake like that (wrong % value) will never happen, cause they are not changing chances of elements which are already in game, but they are only giving values to new elements.
But if you want to know how it will look like up to 100% you would have to calculate it again by dividing each value by total amount( which is 899,98 in this case) and than you would receive for example instead 94,5% -> 0,105002333385186%, and instead 10,84% -> 0,012044712104714%. It is really not hard to calculate, but still you need to do it every time new item is added to pack. Is it worth ?? You need to answer to yourself.

Do you understand it in better light now ?

Signature
Leader of Nation_Army. Want to know more about us ?? Check this:
http://cc.forum.igg.com/topic?ctid=189821&t=1454402552&p=1

Posted on 6/13/19 8:30:58 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Do I want to know what drop rates the critter with bad attitude and utter inability to express himself clearly is talking about?    Probably not.

Signature
Guild: Neldy on Android (we are recruiting)
Name: Rusty (Rustyx in game)
Might: ~520k
Guild title: resident wisenheimer.
Line ID: Rustytroll (big shock there, eh?)
Posted on 6/13/19 8:35:45 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

I can agree with you Cichociemiak . This way work well for bags that gives one items only.  
But for Eggs i do like IGG way.

Legendary Pet Egg gives 9 pets and there is high chance to get the same pet more than ones
There is no way to calculate it right if it was only 100% .

For example
If the chance is 100% in total and every pet have equal drop chance  (11.11%)  
And you opened one legendary egg and you get 5 balloon pets and 4 Yulephant pets . That's make no sense to me .

IGG make it like this: you can get 9 pets.  And every pet have 100% drop chance . In total  9 pets × 100% = 900%

Signature
Posted on 6/13/19 9:48:47 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

"Payin' anything to roll the dice, just one more time..."

Signature
¡Viva Cristo Rey!
Posted on 6/17/19 6:57:27 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Percentages should be out of 100. I agree. Each pet is independent... Or should be, so having it out of 900 does not make sense.

Signature
Posted on 6/18/19 2:03:42 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

IGG never fails to amaze me. I bet they knew that people would look at Fennec first(I did) and be like:"oh 10%, that's not too bad. But guess what, percentages go up to 300 now. Why wouldn't they?

Signature
BOOM