We have second season of Narcia wars as you see, and we were eager (at least some of us) to see what changes were made. We are wiser cause of experience from previous season, and we do know what to do and not what to do, but as usual there are some things which could be made better.
- For example last time my guild were starting closer to center than most of other guilds from my region, which was good for us, but not for those in corner. This time my guild ended almost in corner of map and i can share thoughts from perspective of guild in a corner.
There are only 2 guilds which have worse position than we. Some may say "this is challenge", others may say "this is weak". I say "it should not be this way". Why ?? Reason is simple. Nearest town is around 13 titles away from us, but there are other 3 guilds between mine and town, where one is 2 (literally two) titles away from town. Towns are only hope to advance for everyone, cause without it guilds will get nowhere, and just on start we are in huge disadvantage, cause someone in IGG didn't read what we wrote. While we can launch one attack on that city, other guilds can hit it few times already. How it is fair ? Just like taking titles. Next to us is no problem, but getting further is not easy, especially if other guilds are blocking us by walking to same titles in much shorter time. We need to get detour, which takes time and resources. That's poor. All guilds should have same chances, but they are not. It is that difficult to place guilds on plane of circle in same distance from castle, and away from each other ?? Than we could compete. Now it is all about who can try, and who can forget about it.
- Map is smaller as it seems.
Maybe it is good, but amount of guilds for me is not smaller, cause i think last time there were more distance between guilds, than now which was allowing for some economy. Current situation is forcing competition, or more likely fighting from start, but for that we need resources. Towns should help in that, but imo instead of fighting for Castle in middle of map, most of guilds will be fighting for towns to be able to advance little further, and those few guilds which are surrounded with inactive guilds, or are closer to center than any other can advance toward Castle without any problems.
- Which leads to less resources from titles.
I am not sure if this is good idea. Less resources means we need to carefully advance, and check where we can go and were we should not go. Progress will be slower, we will be waiting for opponents action to counter with ours. Few bad decisions and you are our of resources. But again less space between guilds is complicating everything.
- I don't see increasing amount of titles from upgrading main town, and this is terrible. We should be able to get more titles from guild town also. It will end with only few guilds being able to compete, and rest giving up. Bad move, cause next time it may happen that next time amount of guilds will make guilds with 5 participants will be paired with those with 10 participants.
- I will not even compare might difference, as it should be paired with guilds who had similar amount of participants. We can't check it btw, so let's assume it is this way, but can we?
Last time we wrote many good points, which would improve gameplay a lot, but it looks like those were not listened at all. Only good side is lowering duration of event. But this is my opinion.
So what you think about second edition ? Write your opinion.