Castle Clash: Guild Royale Today: 7    Total Posts: 1186187

Total:#9

Create Thread

[Chat (Android)] Warning for maintenance

[Copy link] 8/2114

Posted on 9/7/13 12:33:36 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Every time the game's been down for an upgrade, I've been about to finish a multiple-hour raiding session to build up resources. Then, without warning, I can't use any of them. By the time I'm able to log back in, I've been attacked 3 times and lost 2+ hours worth of work.

This last time, I saw a thread about the forum going down, but nothing about the game itself. And if it was posted, not everyone checks the forum regularly.

I don't think it's too much to ask to have an in-game warning that it's about to go down. Just a message that pops up a few minutes before you can't log in, so that you can do what you need to do in order to get ready to be attacked. I mean, this last time, all but one of my hero bases was empty because I was leveling one and didn't want to accidentally spawn another that would take some exp. Made it real easy to take 6 figures of gold and mana without giving me a shield, this wouldn't have happened if I had just a minute to prepare.

Just my 2 cents. I think the current system is absolutely ridiculous. What do you guys think?

Signature
Posted on 9/7/13 12:37:20 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

What..?
I've never experienced anything like that.

Signature
Posted on 9/7/13 12:39:35 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

you've never been playing when the game goes down for maintenance?

Signature
Posted on 9/7/13 12:40:13 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

A planned maintenance would be ideal, l'll take this input and try to relay to admins

Signature
Posted on 9/7/13 12:48:46 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

thank you. I agree that having it planned would be optimal, but even just a few minutes' warning would make a huge difference. maybe something like messages at 15 minutes and 5 minutes, set up so that if you log in between that point and it actually going down the message chimes up when you log in. similarly, you wouldn't want something popping up in the middle of a battle, so ideally if you're in one at that point it would come up when you finish

Signature
Posted on 9/7/13 12:51:21 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

I can't imagine that whoever came up with the current system really thought it through. I can't be the only one who's had this happen

Signature
Posted on 9/7/13 1:03:27 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Sorry, there was an annoucement,

http://us.forum.browsergame.com/ ... 6060&extra=page%3D1

I'll suggest to make the annoucement available i game as well.

Signature
Posted on 9/7/13 1:10:44 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

that announcement was made less than 2 hours before it happened, according to the timestamp. that's not very helpful, for multiple reasons. for one, as I said previously, bit everyone checks the forums regularly. second, again as stated before, I was in the middle of a multiple hour raiding session. this meant that i had no shield, and had to keep the game running. if I had checked the forum, I right gaff been attacked then as well. if it's only going to be announced on the forums, it needs to be done with a *minimum* 24 hours' notice

Signature
Posted on 9/7/13 1:12:56 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Sorry, typos, and no edit button on a phone.

Signature