Castle Clash: Guild Royale Today: 3    Total Posts: 1183783

Total:#10

Create Thread

[Chat (Android)] legendary heroes, gems or shards?

[Copy link] 9/2319

Posted on 9/10/13 8:03:36 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

For players like me trying to get legendary heroes without paying for gems, when is it worth buying with shards? While gems is all luck based,  1200 shards for a paladin is 24, 000 exp in slimes. I'm thinking saving shards for slimes and trying to get lucky with gems is the way to go. Thoughts?

Signature
Posted on 9/10/13 8:06:21 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

It's all based on what you need more. If you have the gems to spare, use the gems to try and receive a Legendary hero before using your shards. If you have no gems, and really need a Legendary, then buy it with your shards.

Signature
Posted on 9/10/13 8:29:52 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Depends on your luck and patience. I was in the same situation and didn't really want to buy a legendary with shards if I didn't have to, but for non paying players I don't really think you have a choice because it can take days or weeks to get enough gems to try for a legendary. If you have enough shards to buy a legendary are you really be patient enough to wait and get the legendaries you want from gems and not use those shards?

For the druid I wanted, I decided that if by the time I wasn't able to get it with gems and had enough shards I would just get it with shards, and I had to do so. Now I have to do the same thing with another legendary. Since I've been farming shards I haven't gotten any legendaries. So imagine if I decided to wait for them to come from gems, I would be playing for a month with a druid, and it would really suck. :P If you really have the patience you can try and wait, but since I got my druid I was finally able to break past the arena rankings I was stuck in. Not to mention how useful it is in helping your other heroes in raids and dungeons.

Signature
Posted on 9/10/13 9:37:07 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

thanks, that really helps! I'm really hoping for a druid too for my first legendary. It seems like best bet is to farm and save all my shards while collecting the daily gems. If by the time I haven't gotten the hero , I'd buy it with shards and hope it doesn't show itself with gems ever lol

Signature
Posted on 9/10/13 7:48:32 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I've spent $60 on this game and have ZERO Legendary Hero's. They force u to buy them with shards. I have bought over 100 hero's using gem's, NO LEGENDARY

Signature
Posted on 9/11/13 3:41:25 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

anyone know the drop rate % of a legendary?

Signature
Posted on 9/11/13 4:55:39 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

if you are just starting out, look for the thread about resetting the  game.   keep resettinb until you have a good legendary as one of your starter heros.  quickest way to get a legendary if you dont mind starting fresh again.

Signature
Posted on 9/11/13 6:09:54 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

(91325066) replied at 9-11-2013 04:41 PM
anyone know the drop rate % of a legendary?

Think it is like 5%.

Signature
Posted on 9/11/13 6:19:11 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

yupp. 5% is what I think. And then there is a 5% chance that you get a duplicate lol. As you procure more Legendaries your "chance" to get a Legendary will decrease.

Signature
Posted on 9/11/13 11:21:44 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

75$ spent had 3 paladin 2 ninjas 1 druid.  Wish I could send the extras your way.

Signature