Do we have a thread that shows the resilience of shard farmers?
I remember when I finally saved enough for my succubus. It was a great day. Show your Lengendary accomplishments without gems here.
I haven't made a conscious effort to farm shards so I currently only have a measly 400+ after 35 days of doing dungeon runs to train/level-up my heroes. I'll probably pick it up soon once I get my heroes to a decent high level (Lv 80-100) and target an ambitious 2200 shards for the TG.
ygritt you could try farming dungeon 2 skull 2.
I've done it with only lvl 60 heroes, 60+ tops and I can clear it without any hero loses.
If you're interested I can share with you my method of deploying troops ;P
Gotten more than 1000 shards with just 20 days into CC :lol
Interestingly, I just started using Dungeon 2 Skull 2 today to level-up my druid. In a day's worth of run I already memorized where and when to deploy the support troops hehe. I'm planning to use this also to level up my other heroes and gain shards as a bonus.
Well my method doesn't ensure 100% hero survival and it is still essential to have a healer on your team.
Personally I feel that the biggest threat in skulled dungeons are the Heroes, not the towers and troops. This is esp the case for dungeon 2 skull 2.
So they important thing to do is to distract the heroes with fodder troops while your heroes wank at them. :lol:lol
If your heroes are only at lvl 60, this dungeon is definitely a challenge and thus some strategic deployment is needed. You'd have to use spells and have larger amount of troop loses.. but
it is still fine.
What I used to do:
1) Drop a few archers up front of the painda and assassin.
2) Drop about 3 heroes plus Guardian angel.
3) Spam a large number of remaining archers on the left and right flank . This is to take care of the Cyclops and the Executioner, both which are a huge pain in the ass.
4) On the left, the archers will aggro and gank the cyclops (near the edge), when you see the aggro, immediately drop 1 hero to destroy the cyclops.
5) On the right side, they will destroy the army camp first before moving inwards, therefore aggro-ing the exe. Only then do you drop your last hero to finish the exe.
6) After that just watch the rest of your hero work through the base.. keep a restoration spell on standby incase any of your heroes are about to die. The shaman is pretty much useless so just ignore that pest. ;P