Castle Clash: Guild Royale Today: 0    Total Posts: 1191068

Total:#14

Create Thread

[Chat (Android)] Need Hero / Game Guidance

[Copy link] 13/2909

Posted on 9/28/13 5:31:12 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Hi guys,

So I'm currently at 24 days played and I'm beginning to have trouble with the game. It seems that everything is getting REALLY expensive and people don't have the gold/mana to raid that they used to ... and even when they do, it's nearly impossible for me to raid without taking significant losses. This is basically driving me to log in, do 1 raid, find that I've been 49%'d 3 times ... and so I'm not really getting anywhere. I'm assuming that this is because my might is way too high for what I've got in terms of power. Are there any ways to lower my might, or at least stop raising it so quickly?

Currently I'm at 4635 might, 13k or so Honor Badges, very few gems.

I've got a level 3 griffin unlocked, but I can't get any further because it takes too much gold to unlock the next tier and it's too difficult to save up.

I'm at a level 11 town hall, with various storages and mines between level 9 and 12. I've got my relic hall up to level 11, as this seems to be rather useful while doing raids. I've got the first 3 skills at level 5 (arrow rain, restoration and ares' fervor, and I'm working on getting guardian angel to level 2 as I heard that's pretty useful ... though the one time I did use it it didn't seem to do me much good).

My heroes are as follows:

4/9 Ninja level 60 with 2/9 slash and 2/5 slow down
3/9 Pain-Da level 51 with 1/9 lightning and 1/5 scorch
3/9 Werewolf level 43 with 1/9 rage and 2/5 scatter
3/9 Executioner level 41with 2/9 tremor and 2/5 revive
3/9 Angel level 50 with 1/9 heal and 1/5 revive
2/9 Serpent Queen level 21 with 1/9 toxic mist and 2/5 berserk
1/9 Assassin level 19 with 1/9 assassinate and 3/5 scatter

I'm using the first 5 for arena - this generally lets me get down to about 8-10k rank with 5 plays, but I get dropped down to ~25k before my 5 refill and 120k+ overnight. Currently I've just got everything except my ninja going in the center lane to try and tank the mass of heroes from the opponent, while my ninja takes one of the side flanks and does DPS. This is my strategy for both offense and defense.

Would you recommend I stick to this strategy for the arena or are there some changes I can make? Also, when I'm doing raids and I deploy those 5 heroes, my Ninja seems to die way too quickly and he suffers 12 min respawn times ... generally what I do is I just release all of my troops (all griffins)(heroes included) at some point away from the opponent's hereos and close to their troops/towers in raid, and hope for the best after using a spell or two. I think I'm doing this wrong, but that's the best I've come up with so far.

Also, how would you suggest I train my hereos? They die way too quickly in raids and I can't go around suiciding after 25% or whatever because I'd lose honor badges like there is no tomorrow. Dungeons don't provide much xp, nowhere near as much as raids ... and all the heroes I face in raids now are level 60+, so mine hardly stand a chance.

Finally, how would you recommend I spend my gems? I've used 4x 450 gems and 1x 150 gems to get the heroes above (scrapping some of the repeats/useless normal hereos), using the few slimes on my ninja. Should I continue to spend gems on trying to get heroes (I'm a free player btw, and don't see any chance in the near future for that to change), or should I try to talent refresh my heroes?

I know I've asked a lot, and so I appreciate anyone that takes the time to read through this and provide some answers.

Thanks,
Hades

Signature
Posted on 9/28/13 5:39:06 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I regulary sit around 20 - 30 in the arena and my assassin wing lanes with my ninja :-X

Signature
Posted on 9/28/13 5:40:37 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

(86420679) replied at 9-28-2013 06:39 PM
I regulary sit around 20 - 30 in the arena and my assassin wing lanes with my ninja :-X

Well, I would do that, but my assassin is quite a bit low leveled and I have no way of leveling him up effectively :|.

Signature
Posted on 9/28/13 5:49:04 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I would just run dungeons with the assassin.  I'm at 7000 might without the benefits of spending real $$$, and have a level 73 assassin.

I would do ninja/assassin wing lane, with executioner and two others.  Werewolf/angel might work for a heal/tank combo, or do werewolf/SQ for a tank/damage combo.

I was hovering around 3000 in the arena, and in the last week have gone down to around 500 solely due to my ninja/assassin pair.

Signature
Posted on 9/28/13 5:49:46 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Hi Hades,
Firstly, yes use gems on acquiring Heroes until you have a Legendary team, then focus on talent rerolls. Second, the best way to advance in the Arena is to level your Heroes. You have a Ninja, he will get you a lot farther than 25k as he is leveled and upgraded. Third, raiding is an art form. It requires precision and very thorough strategy. I suggest that you really start bringing GA and Restoration to the gun fights with you. They, and strategy, alone are how I am able to 100% bases at 7k might with no losses whatsoever. The reason it is so important to raid with no losses it to gain that great EXP after every 100% If done right your Heroes will gain levels exponentially and your aptitude will increase with them.
Your best Arena team right now is:

Ninja - wing-laner
Executioner - bruiser
Werewolf/Pain-Da - tank
Assassin - wing-laner
Angel - healer

Signature
Posted on 9/28/13 5:54:49 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Phinalhour replied at 9-28-2013 06:49 PM
Hi Hades,
Firstly, yes use gems on acquiring Heroes until you have a Legendary team, then focus on  ...

Hi Phinal,

Thanks for the comments. I suppose the thing I'm having the most struggle with is raiding correctly. Are there any sorts of pointers you could give me to suggest how to raid without significant losses? I realize that it is probably a closely guarded secret ... but hey, a few tips couldn't hurt, right? :D.

Signature
Posted on 9/28/13 6:02:12 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Nah man, :D, I'm gonna make a raiding tutorial as soon as I get the software to record and upload from my phone right so y'all can learn from it and begin raiding like creatons. Get to know Restoration and GA real well. I really like to deploy my Heroes at the biggest threat (usually 5 enemy Heroes) and GA them. It's a guaranteed win as it make it a 5v5invincibles, sometimes if I have enough faith I'll just Rest. my Heroes at the enemy 5. Works well either way. After that the rest of the base is done for. Heroes gone, threats gone. And once the towers are gone I drop 56 Griffins and answer questions on the forums lol. It'll be easier to see it be done rather than screenplay it out for you. :)

Signature
Posted on 9/28/13 6:07:08 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Anyone that has a replay of me raiding them is more than welcome to upload it to the forums for educational experiences. :victory:

yes....
Even the ones where I fall flat on my face and lose it all.

Signature
Posted on 9/28/13 6:23:26 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

No troops lost, no Heroes lost, great EXP, good resources, and no wait time.

Signature
Posted on 9/28/13 6:24:08 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Edited by TheHolyHades at 9-28-2013 07:28 PM

That sounds like an interesting strategy - but doesn't it only work if the heroes are grouped together? If the heroes are separate then you won't have the effect of GA working on all of the heroes ... Also, I just tried a raid doing that, and ... I lost at 2% :D. Placed all of my heroes next to 3 of theirs (level 54ish assassin, angel and something else non-legendary) and in the time it took me to place them all I lost a good percentage of the HP. then I hit them with guardian angel but instead of targeting the opposing heroes, my heroes went for the griffin camp right next to those 3 heroes. Needless to say, that didn't fare well for me.

Oh, one more thing. What would you recommend I use for raids? I'd imagine the hero setup would be slightly different than that of the arena?

Signature