Castle Clash: Guild Royale Today: 1    Total Posts: 1191056

Total:#12

Create Thread

[Chat (Android)] shard farming probability

[Copy link] 11/1754

Posted on 10/27/13 6:49:38 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Edited by findlostsoul at 10-27-2013 08:04 PM

Most of the time I spent on this game has been the farming of the shards.  Although I don't have much time play, I bought a Thunder God with the shards.  My next goal is to get a Succsbus.

Normally I play 5 dungeons in the morning on the train to work. 5 on the train back to home. Then 10 to 25 dungeons after the dinner. I  can get pretty stable income of shards every day from 30s to 80s.

I notice there are a few things which is defintely influencing the possiblity to get the shard.

1) As mentioned in other pages,  the completion of the dungeon will be one factor.  To achive 100% success improves the possiblity to get a shard.  Also you might get shards when the dungeon is not complete. Like sometimes I was cut off due to the wireless network, I found I got shards after I logged back in.

2) The levels of the heros are one of the most important key factors correlated to the shard dropping rate.   For example, if you farm D1S1 with level 60 heros, the dropping rate is close to 1/10.   For D2S1,  it's good for heros less than level 70s.
I notice the dropping rate is pretty high close to 2/5 if your heros are 3 to 10 levels higher than than heros in the dungeon.
For D2S2, use heros less than 90 levels.

I did farm from D1S2 to D3S1.   I tried to control the levels of my heros to the right range. It benefited me a lot.   

3) Use your heros only if possible.   
I found adding help from my troups will decrease the shard possiblity.    The less help you have except your heros, the higher possiblity to get shards.  If you throw huge troops to lower level dungeons, it's just waste of your time and your mana.

4) Don't stick to one dungeon only and starting with a set of five.
Don't play until the dungeon accumulate to a set of five.   you should be able to get at least one successful farming for one time.  Or else it's easer to get discouraged to give up.
Play the main dungeon (like D2S1) to get one sucessful hit, then switch to D2S2 for once then swtich back. You might find you can continuely get shards sometimes.  

5) time does matter.
The dropping rate is not the same for morning, the noon and the evening.  I found the five dungeons played around 10:00 pm have a higher possiblity of shard dropping.

Good luch to everyone on the dungeon farming.

Signature
Posted on 10/27/13 6:53:31 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

shards shards shards :)

Signature
Posted on 10/27/13 7:00:06 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I have to agree about saving up the 5 tries thing, I feel like I never get shards if I keep going 1 after another and then wait for 20 minutes do another wait do another etc. other than that I still feel like drops are completely random other than the need to get 100% lol. I am one of those non conspiracy type guys that things there is much less to it

Signature
Posted on 10/27/13 7:25:15 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

haha I'll try this one. Shard farming really annoys me

Signature
Posted on 11/9/13 4:35:37 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

thanks for sharing! no wonder my drop rate so low, i keep farming D2S2 with my lvl 99 druid

Signature
Posted on 11/9/13 4:39:18 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

swagscrazy do D4S2 50% I get great drop rates doing it myself

Signature
Posted on 11/9/13 4:43:02 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

(93090013) 發表於 11-9-2013 04:39 AM
swagscrazy do D4S2 50% I get great drop rates doing it myself

i tried D4S2 a few times b4, would lose all my troops just for a 60% lol

Signature
Posted on 11/9/13 4:52:41 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Tin foil hat is strong in this one. But hey if you think shards dropping past 10PM wherever you live is a real thing server side knock yourself out farming hard late.

To be honest i think the best bet is just to farm whatever highest dungeon you can with minimal losses. A good way to litmus test a dungeon is to just deploy heros only. If you fail, your in too deep.

Signature
Posted on 11/9/13 5:06:53 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Stever6328 發表於 11-9-2013 04:52 AM
Tin foil hat is strong in this one. But hey if you think shards dropping past 10PM wherever you live ...

gd advice

Signature
Posted on 11/9/13 5:35:40 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

As i have a little programming experience, there is no way they would take the time to try to factor in all of those variables into the drop rate. As with most "random" things, i bet they use a system time seed. Generates a "random" number. People are over thinking this.

I farm D4S2 with heroes about 30 lvls below the dungeon heroes. I only hit 51% as I figured a way to do it with no loss.
And yesterday I pulled 225 shards.

But hey, what ever works for you! :D

Signature