Castle Clash: Guild Royale Today: 0    Total Posts: 12273

Total:#16

Create Thread

[Guides] Revite is for the Rich - Boss T1/T2/T3

[Copy link] 15/5924

Posted on 5/11/14 3:09:41 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Edited by PierreT23 at 5-11-2014 04:20 PM

Revite is for the Rich:
A discussion of why Heavy Blow and Bezerk are better talents for 99% of all Clashers:

There are two ways to earn serious HB in Castle Clash: Arena and Boss battles (ideally soloing).

Only big spenders can compete in the Arena. To compete in the Arena requires a team of high revitalize heroes (and high might too). Meanwhile, to compete vs. the boss you only need any combination of any level Heavy Blow and Bezerk - a few high Revites work too if that's what you have.

If you will not, or cannot, spend at least a cool thousand on this game, you need to stop pursuing those high Revites and go for a Zerk/HB Boss-pwning team.  The only exceptions to this rule are Stun skill heroes and the legendary tanks.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soloing the Boss on a Budget:
T1 can easily be beaten with sufficiently high level heroes alone. However, the ideas below apply to T1 for heroes in the 4*+ range, as well.

When selecting hero-specific Boss talents for T2 and T3, two things need to be remembered:

1) At least one hero's talent needs to provide an initial stun:
Whether an initial stun comes from Revite or Heavy Blow, someone needs to stun right off the bat or your tank will die. If using HB to stun, be prepared to back out quickly if the boss isn't stunned in the first few seconds. Chances are that if none of your heroes can do this, you will fail in your attempt to challenge a boss (even T1). *

*[The one exception to this rule involves high level heroes (6*+) and a high Revite AC who can buy time for the first stun to land.]

2) All other hero talents should be increasing the rate of stuns or reducing the damage taken.
This means that all other heroes should have either Bezerk or Heavy Blow.

To figure out the probability of a stun with multiple Heavy Blow heroes, please see this thread:
http://us.forum.igg.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=133127#lastpost

[Note: I do not like Revive as a Boss talent, since it can very easily lead to innocent bystander heroes dying. Since Hero death = gems spent, Revive is not a budget talent]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ideal Boss Talents Ranked:
This section ranks the top 3 boss talents for each hero. Note that Heavy Blow is typically preferred to Revite, even on stunning heroes. This is because Heavy Blow provides extra stuns throughout the fight and Revite does not; if you are soloing the boss (not competing for damage) it is OK to take your time getting the HB to drop initially.

IMPORTANT:
1) Talents ranked are assumed to be of the same level.
2) When comparing talents of different levels, you can typically use a rule of two.*

*A talent ranked below another talent is ~ equivalent to 2 levels of the other talent.
[Example: Druid w/ 4/5 HB > Druid w/ 2/5 Bezerk, even though normally Bezerk > HB for Druid]

Legend:
(T): Heroes marked with a (T) can typically be used as effective tanks vs. the boss.
(S): Heroes marked with an (S) provide skill-based stuns (i.e. even if no Heavy Blow)
(B): Heroes marked with a (B) provide a team buff and should be prioritized if they are on your team

Druid (T)/(B):
1. Bezerk
2. Heavy Blow
3. Stone Skin (OK only if Druid is tanking)
4. Revive (as stated I do not like this talent/strategy for budgeted players)

Champion (S)*:
1. Bezerk
2. Revitalize
3. Heavy Blow
* Revitalize 4+ may be preferred in a guild (competetive) setting because it guarantees a reliable 1st stun

Pumpkin Duke (B):
1. Bezerk
2. Revite
3. Heavy Blow (a heavy blow proc can interrupt his stacking)

Cupid (B)*:
1. Heavy Blow
2. Revite
3. Bezerk
*A high Revite on Cupid can help with starting the fight, while Bezerk is limited by Cupid's cooldown

Succubus*:
1. Bezerk
2. Heavy Blow
3. Revite (can mitigate damage to help start the fight)
* Succubus is the most underrated boss hero - she is often mistaken as the damage dealer, which she is not. She is the damage reducer (go read her skill). However, if you can maintain a permanent stun - i.e. never get hit - without her than she is not needed.

Snowzilla (T):
1. Heavy Blow
2. Bezerk
3. Stone Skin (if he is tanking)
4. Revive (as stated I do not like this talent/strategy for budgeted players)

Thunder God (S):
1. Heavy Blow
2. Bezerk
3. Revitalize (the early stun is nice, but a higher level HB gives a longer stun)

Immortep (S):
1. Heavy Blow
2. Bezerk
3. Revitalize

Atlanticore (T)*:
1. Revitalize  (if needed to start the fight)
2. Heavy Blow
3. Bezerk
4. Stone Skin
5. Tenacity
6. Bulwark
7. Revive (as stated I do not like this talent/strategy for budgeted players)
* #1 vs. #2 are debatable, but a Revite AC is a game changer so this is one case where I take the Revite 1st

Paladin (T):
1. Heavy Blow
2. Bezerk  (with his cooldown reduced, this becomes more useful)
3. Revitalize (if needed to start the fight)
4. Stone Skin
5. Tenacity
6. Bulwark

Ninja*:
1. Heavy Blow
2. Bezerk
3. Deadly Strike (limited by Damage cap)
* A Ninja w/out HB should only be used as a luxury hero (provides damage but no stun boost)

Grizzly Reaper*:
1. Heavy Blow
2. Bezerk
3. Deadly Strike (limited by Damage cap)
* A Ninja w/out HB should only be used as a luxury hero (provides damage but no stun boost)

Spirit Mage*:
1. Heavy Blow
2. Bezerk
** A SM w/out HB should typically be avoided

Minotaur Chieftan (T)/(S):
1. Heavy Blow
2. Revitalize
3. Bezerk
4. Stone Skin
5. Tenacity
6. Bulwark
Why are you reading this guide?? Go buy all 5/5 Revites.

Executioner (S):
1. Bezerk
2. Heavy Blow
3. Revite

Dryad (S):
1. Bezerk
2. Heavy Blow
3. Revite

Disclaimer: This guide is just a collection of general boss-talent advice for individual heroes. There are many different teams and talent combinations that are valid for taking on the bosses. In some cases, a higher skill level may be more valuable than a higher talent (i.e. PD and Cupid). Further, not every hero on your boss team needs to have a boss-oriented talent (e.g. keep your 5/5 revite on SZ for use in the Arena if you can). Happy Clashing.

Signature
Posted on 5/11/14 3:21:23 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

So ok, druid with 1/5 berzerk or 4/5 heavy blow?
And also you could add death strike for Reaper because i think its even better than berzerk. (i have 4/5 death strike on reaper and its 10% to deal 6x more dmg)

Signature
Stop feeding IGG with money!!!
Posted on 5/11/14 3:22:46 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Antrarusis replied at 5-11-2014 03:21 PM
So ok, druid with 1/5 berzerk or 4/5 heavy blow?
And also you could add death strike for Reaper beca ...

Heavy blow for sure. I have a 5/5 HB druid and he let me solo boss 1 @ 5*

Signature
Posted on 5/11/14 3:27:29 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Stoneskin,tenacity,bulwark are decent talents for atlanticore and paladin if they are an high level. Also revive any level is worth considering for an hit and run tactic since it allows you to take more risks on heavy blow procs.

Signature
Like IGG at Facebook.com/IGG
Like CC at Facebook.com/CastleClash
Like DH at Facebook.com/DeckHeroes 
Posted on 5/11/14 3:39:53 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

meh if my paladin goes through the revive animation on t2 i just leave but i often found myself getting the chain stuns going with paladin at 5% health so eh.

Signature
Like IGG at Facebook.com/IGG
Like CC at Facebook.com/CastleClash
Like DH at Facebook.com/DeckHeroes 
Posted on 5/11/14 3:47:25 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

good stuff

Signature
Posted on 5/11/14 3:47:53 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Pintstealth replied at 5-11-2014 03:39 PM
meh if my paladin goes through the revive animation on t2 i just leave but i often found myself gett ...

it may be a visual lag, but i literally cannot leave fast enough half the time.

i also find that it creates a crutch, because i can leave fast enough if i don't have revive. i wouldn't mind the crutch if it actually worked, but it doesn't for me.

either way, it was added to the list.

Signature
Posted on 5/11/14 4:08:27 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Awesome thread

Signature
Posted on 5/11/14 7:06:55 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

revive saves gems for me in t3 lol

Signature
Posted on 5/12/14 12:08:32 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Nice... I'm actually using a Slow Down team; TG 3/5,PD 4/5,Champ 2/5 and then Cupid and Druid with 1/5 HB... I can produce 8.8M-16M damage per boss fight(t2)...

Signature