Castle Clash: Brave Squads Today: 2    Total Posts: 11657

Total:#137

Create Thread

[Guides] HBM Base Design - O/P/Q+ (aka Cordi's Base)

Hot Topics Spotlight [Copy link] 136/168948

Posted on 12/30/14 7:03:01 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

**Updated first screenshot****Added TH lvl 19 and 17** - 25/03/15
**Added TH lvl 16** - 30/03/15 **Added TH lvl 18** - 02/04/15 (at last)

Hi guys 'n' gals.

I've been asked several times to make a thread about the base I use for HBM O - Q+ so here it is.

Cordi's Base.
(that's what people call it, so I'll stick with it - call it what you want).

First of all, I'm not going to take credit for it as it's just another variation of the most popular HBM design.

The idea of the base is to prolong how long it takes for the Boss from HBM O onwards to reach the center of the base, then letting Hero Traps finish him off if you lose your heroes in the process.

The main advantage with this base is you don't have to have all the top main heroes, Having a few of them make this work though.

**The heroes I use for this, their position on the base and building lvls are as follows;
(Outdated - current heroes on 2nd post)

Druid lvl 171 - 6/9 skill - 5/5 Life Drain - lvl 80 Inscription
Spirit Mage lvl 170 - 7/9 skill - 4/5 Berserk - lvl 80 Inscription
Pumpkin Duke lvl 169 - 8/9 skill - 5/5 Revite - lvl 80 Inscription
Grizzly Reaper lvl 166 - 7/9 skill - 5/5 War God - lvl 80 Inscription
Immortep lvl 163 - 6/9 skill - 4/5 Revite - lvl 80 Inscription
Orksbane lvl 161 - 7/9 skill - 4/5 Tenacity - lvl 80 Inscription**

Town Hall lvl 20
Gold/Mana Vaults lvl 20
Advanced Towers lvl 10 (using garrisoned Magic Towers will help against HBM heroes, but not the boss)
Outer Hero Bases lvl 20
Inner Hero Bases lvl 19

The base works by increasing the time it takes for HBMs to get to the inner walls giving your heroes more time to take them out, but more importantly it gives your heroes more time to do as much damage as they can to the Boss before he reaches his first target - which is the closest hero to him from where he spawned. Most importantly, if you lose your heroes the Hero Traps should finish him off.

To optimise this you should use the standard 2112 formation, and have Ranged Heroes or Mass Removal (Immortep) on the outside bases with PD and Close Range Heroes (Thundergod, Death Knight, Aries ect.(Or Cupid)) in the middle.

TH Level 19 Version - Walls removed at the White dots

TH Level 18 version - Many thanks to Brobokil

TH Level 17 version - Many thanks to Zek127

TH Level 16 version - Thanks to DrRistic for this

... to be continued ...

Signature

Posted on 12/30/14 7:03:13 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

KABOOM. Hero Traps finishing off the job.

Boss taking the long way round the wall as he heads to his target - Druid. Everyone else gets plenty of time to make short work of him

With the heroes I use I can pass O - Q 100%, R at about 80% without Garrisoned Magic Towers. Still struggle with S but that will change when I start using Garrisons in the future. **Updated** Now using the following heroes;

Cupid lvl 173 - 8/9 skill - 4/5 Revite - lvl 80 Inscription
Druid lvl 179 - 6/9 skill - 5/5 Life Drain - lvl 80 Inscription
Immortep lvl 166 - 6/9 skill - 4/5 Revite - lvl 80 Inscription
Santa Boom lvl 163 - 6/9 skill - 4/5 Sprint - lvl 80 Inscription
Vlad Dracula lvl 180 - 9/9 skill - 4/5 Berserk - lvl 95 Inscription
Pumpkin Duke lvl 174 - 8/9 skill - 5/5 Revite - lvl 80 Inscription

*Orksbane lvl 162 - 7/9 skill - 4/5 Tenacity - lvl 84 Inscription -- Replaces Immortep for HBM Q+*

**As you can see I don't use Cupid or Minotaur. I find the other 3 ranged and Orksbane much better for their mass removal, and using Minotaur can result in loses due to lone troops attacking the corners/TH out of range of any defences.** Outdated, but will keep it in due to Mino still being bad for HBM O - Q.

It's also designed so F2P have a better chance to finish O+, the only Gem Only I would say is a must is PD. All other heroes that are shardable can be used (TG to replace SM, any other Gemable can replace Orksbane).

I hope those who try this base succeed, and those who still struggle find ways to make improvements.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Signature

Posted on 12/30/14 8:04:54 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Any reason why the TH is in front of the top entrance?

Signature
Posted on 12/30/14 8:21:06 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

ohhh.... superbbb proud of u

Signature
Posted on 12/30/14 8:23:04 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

It's a good concept, tried it a few times with bombs on sides of the hero base, but the traps still get activated by random heroes at times. Putting the traps sandwiched between hero bases are better, I find, and I went from doing O to P. Will try Q after a few more runs

Signature
Posted on 12/30/14 8:49:06 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

LordFarkward replied at 12-30-2014 01:23 PM
It's a good concept, tried it a few times with bombs on sides of the hero base, but the traps still  ...

The problem with that is your heroes separate, and if the HBMs target is destroid you will only have half your heroes defending themselves. Means a much higher chance of losing heroes between waves 1 - 4 and ultimately losing the HBM altogether

Signature

Posted on 12/30/14 9:06:36 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

nice concept..

Signature
Follow IGG @Facebook.com/IGG      Follow CC @Facebook.com/CastleClash
                              Follow DH @Facebook.com/DeckHeroes  

Posted on 12/30/14 9:06:47 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Cordi2L33t4u replied at 12-30-2014 08:49 AM
The problem with that is your heroes separate, and if the HBMs target is destroid you will only ha ...

Agree that that's a potential problem which I was worried about as well at first, but so far this hasn't happened to me yet (touch wood). It helps that 2 of my ranged heroes (druid and vlad) have revive as well I guess.

Signature
Posted on 12/30/14 9:43:58 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

The hero traps last all the way to boss?

Signature
Posted on 12/30/14 10:28:05 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Edited by puliter at 12-30-2014 12:25 PM

how much does your orksbane heal for ? (is this question grammatically correct ? )

edit: is that 14k in hbm ?! how much is it in raiding ?

Signature