Castle Clash: Brave Squads Today: 0    Total Posts: 12208

Total:#22

Create Thread

[Guides] Magic guide

Hot Topics [Copy link] 21/18863

Posted on 10/8/13 10:34:16 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Edited by guoyuus at 4-5-2014 12:32 AM

First gives the data for all magic, will provide more details for each magic in future update.

1. The description of all lvl 1 magic

Magic

Description

Arrow Rain

Rains arrows on an  area, dealing 8% of Max HP + 120 DMG to all enemy troops within the area over  8 seconds. Does not affect buildings.

Restortation

Places  a healing circle on the battlefield, healing all friendly troops in the area  for 6% of their Max HP + 10 HP every second for 8 seconds.

Ares' Fervor

Invokes  Ares' strength on all your troops, granting them +5% ATK until the battle  ends.

Windstorm

Sweeps  a hurricane through the enemy base, dealing 8% Max HP +800 DMG for 8 seconds  to all enemy buildings in it's path. Tild your device to control the storm's  path.

Guardian Angel

Summons  an angel's protection, granting invulnerability to a number of friendly  troops (including heroes) in the area for 6 seconds.

Meteor

Showers  an area with meteors, dealing 12% of Max HP as DMG to all enemies in the area  for 6 seconds.

Disaster

Rolls  a massive boulder across the battlefield, dealing 10% Max HP +300 DMG for 5  seconds to all enemies in its path. Also reduces ATK of affected troops by  20% for 5 seconds. Tild your device to guide the boulder.

Ares' Frenzy

Ares'  bloodlust possesses friendly troops in an area for 8 seconds, granting +20%  ATK, ATK SPD, and MOV SPD.

Phoenix Flight

Summons  a Pheonix that flies across the battlefield for 10 seconds, randomly reviving  6 friendly troops in it's path (not Heros). Guide the Pheonix by dragging  your finger on the screen.

Snowstorm

Blankets  an area with a snowstorm, dealing 6% of MAx HP +200 DMG to all enemies in the  area. Also freezes affected troops for 6 seconds.

2. Data for magic at all levels

Each magic has 5 levels, the stats are summarized in the following table

For simplicity, only the change from lvl 1 magic are listed here.

Magic

Max # of targets at level 1

Duration

Lvl 1

Lvl 2

Lvl 3

Lvl 4

Lvl 5

Arrow Rain

8% + 120

8% + 240

8% + 360

8% + 480

8% + 600

Restortation

6% + 10

8% + 20

10% + 30

12% + 40

15% + 50

Ares' Fervor

5%

8%

11%

14%

17%

Windstorm

8% + 800

16% + 1040

24% + 1280

32% + 1520

40% + 1760

Guardian Angel

Meteor

6%

12%

18%

24%

30%

Disaster

10% + 300, 20%

10% + 450, 25%

10% + 600, 30%

10% + 750, 35%

10% + 900, 40%

Ares' Frenzy

20%, 8s

30%, 9s

40%, 11s

50%, 12s

60%, 15s

Phoenix Flight

Snowstorm

6% + 200, 6s

7% + 400, 7s

8% + 600, 9s

9% + 800, 11s

10% + 1000, 13s

3. More details about magic

3.1 Arrow Rain: To clarify, the 8% Hp + fixed damage is the total damage inflicted within 8 secs. So as the first magic, it's effective only against tier 1 troops. Level 5 arrow rain can kill lvl 5 guardian, hunter and Pyromancer, as well as lvl 1 griffin. It's a useful magic for low might level agasint weak troops.

3.2 Restortation: It's a very useful magic for all might levels. Lvl 5 can heal 120% HP + 400 over 8 seconds. It gives your hero and troops an extra life in battlefield.

3.3 Ares' Fervor: The spell only affects troops deployed before the magic is cast. All troops deployed after will not receive any bonus. This is another useful magic for all might levels. Lvl 5 increase ATK by 17%, which virtually increases the ATK power of troops by two levels. After using it, all tier 2 lvl 5 troops (griffins, shotgun) will have higher per space ATK than tier 3 lvl 5 troops without boost. One glitch about this magic is that it won't stack with War God talent. In fact, War god talent will override Ares' Fervor even it's less effective.

3.4 Windstorm: Again, like arrow rain, the damage is the total damage over 8 secs. This magic is useless most of the time, because it only damage buildings rather than troops. The only case it could be useful is when the buildings (towers) pose a great threat to you troops. This can happen when you fight a very high might base, like Niggy's, this spell can be used to help destroy the towers faster.

3.5 Guardian Angel: One of the most important magic. If you use only heroes to raid, level 1 GA can already provide invulnerability to all heroes. GA works best with tier 3 troops, so if you want to control your might, wait until you have strong tier 3 troops before upgrading it to high levels. One tip for using GA, don't wait until the last second to use. It usually takes about 1 second or more for the magic to be in effect.

3.6 Meteor
An upgraded version of Arrow rain. Since the max damage is 30%, it won't kill any troops, and can be used to only weaken enemy's troops and heroes. Because its effect is limited, I don't recommend upgrading this magic.

3.7 Disaster
Another upgraded version of Arrow rain. The difference is disaster can kill level 5 griffins, and can be used to weaken heroes' ATK. However, there are other better magic when you upgrade a few more levels, so disaster is also not a recommended magic.

3.8 Ares' Frenzy
A useful magic, the boost in ATK and ATK speed by 60% gives an overall boost of 156%. That means, if you have 50 griffins, the magic can effectively increase them to 128 griffins for 15 seconds. The timer starts when the troop enters the purple area. Similar to Ares' Fervor, Frenzy also has a glitch. It won't stack with sprint talent hero. So sprint hero won't receive any bonus on ATK, ATK speed or MOV speed.

3.9 Phoenix Flight
One of the best companion to tier 3 troops. When figthing high might opponents, high level garrison tower with high level heroes inside is a big threat to your heroes. To counter this kind of defense, one way is to send your Ornithopter and FD to destroy enemy towers first, then send out heros and use Phoenix flight at proper time to revive your troops. Notice than troops revived by Phonix will remain dead after the battle ends.

3.10 Snowstorm
There are reasons to list snowstorm as the last magic. It deals damage to both troops and buildings, but most importantly, the magic freezes everything within range, including towers, effectively grant invincibility to all of your troops. This is the magic you need to clear high level dungeons. You can easily fight level 180 heroes with level 100 heros supported by high level snowstorm. It's also very useful when raiding other people at high might level, since the freezing affects both heroes and towers.

Signature
Posted on 11/3/13 10:16:20 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Very good info. Thanks for sharing guoyuus! Btw, does pumpkin duke celebrate stack with magics like frevor and frenzy? Also frevor description only mentioned for troop (red glow) and did not mentioned heroes. (dont see the glow) Can you confirm?

Signature
Posted on 11/3/13 10:17:01 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Btw, what is ur IGN? :)

Signature
Posted on 11/3/13 11:46:26 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

GreyWolf2013 replied at 11-3-2013 11:16 AM
Very good info. Thanks for sharing guoyuus! Btw, does pumpkin duke celebrate stack with magics like  ...

Thanks for the comment.

Just tested again, Ares' Frenzy and Ares' Fervor doesn't affect heroes. No change of DMG after the magic is cast. I think I wasted a lot of coins for them before. Thanks for pointing that out!

I haven't got a chance to test the combination of magic and skills. My pumpkin is in a new account without magic  at all.

I wonder if you may have a chance to test it for me. It's not easy to test since heroes are excluded for frenzy. One way to test frenzy maybe is to let pumpkin charge energy first, when it's almost full, drop a troop unit far away in a safe area. After the troop get buff, cast frenzy on it. The move speed will be boosted twice if they can combine.

Signature
Posted on 11/3/13 12:21:39 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

No worries. Unfortunately I don't have frenzy yet for testing. I just got my pd today but will be running some test on his proc with various heroes and magic. So far I notice that I lost more troops with frevor + celebrate then frevor alone. I did not see a significant increase in att (17% frevor lv5 + 15% skill lvl2) as well.

Signature
Posted on 11/3/13 12:27:31 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

oh which page are you in? Like to add you as friend. ;)

Signature
Posted on 11/3/13 1:27:56 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

GreyWolf2013 replied at 11-3-2013 01:21 PM
No worries. Unfortunately I don't have frenzy yet for testing. I just got my pd today but will be ru ...

thx for the info! I may do some test later myself too.

Signature
Posted on 11/4/13 12:18:24 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

hi,
does ares frevor and ares frenzy stackable? mean can both in effect when both casted on a battle?

Signature
Posted on 11/6/13 4:11:23 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

rbnkho replied at 11-4-2013 12:18 AM
hi,
does ares frevor and ares frenzy stackable? mean can both in effect when both casted on a battle ...

thanks mate

Signature
Posted on 11/13/13 6:13:49 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

is it just me or does it seem like meteor and disaster dont do what they're suppose to. I drop them and they do like no damage ever

Signature