Castle Clash: Brave Squads Today: 13    Total Posts: 179642

Total:#9

Create Thread

[Off-Topic] Permissions

[Copy link] 8/672

Posted on 9/14/18 1:56:19 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

What are these permissions for the game?

Signature
Posted on 9/14/18 2:04:12 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

For Google Accs, if you will deny it, you will not be able to see Google Accs. I did that once, and for a moment i though i have deleted my google acc. But i agreed to that, i saw it again.

Signature
Vice of Nation_Army. Want to know more about us ?? Check this:
http://cc.forum.igg.com/topic?ctid=189821&t=1454402552&p=1

Posted on 9/14/18 2:36:28 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

@Cichociemiak are you sure it's connected with google accounts? Why didn't the app need the permission in previous version? It worked so I don't see a reason to grant a game application permissions for all my contacts!

Signature
Cheap 0.99USD p2p who likes to think of himself as f2p :D
Posted on 9/14/18 3:02:45 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

@ZoroCZ

Signature
Posted on 9/14/18 4:28:02 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

i wonder what use of CC for accessing our contacts, telephone and mic?

Signature
Don't Hide, Don't Reveal, Just Stay There!!!
Posted on 9/14/18 5:21:59 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

FYI I denied the contact access permanently and the game works without any obvious problems. That's including switching accounts.

Unless we get an explanation from IGG, it looks like an attempt to harvest our contacts and possibly sell it to 3rd parties for all we know. Shame on you!

Most companies take user data security seriously you know...

Signature
Posted on 9/14/18 9:37:09 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Does no one remember google policy changes a year ago that stopped people viewing forums, entering their cc accounts etc etc?
Im not on Android but could this be another thing on Googles side?

Signature
https://www.youtube.com/user/PixelsYoda
LINE: iYoDa2.0
Posted on 9/17/18 1:56:56 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

@Yoda and @Cicho...

You are right, I don't know why the new permissions are required. Neither do you or anyone else it seems. We are all voicing our theories, aren't we?

I verified my game works just fine with with denying those permissions so I'm inclined to trust my theory more than yours, that's all.

Granting an app access to all contacts in our devices is a BIG thing and potentially is a security issue.

I think IGG should have mentioned that in the update notes and explained clearly why more permissions are needed. It would be fine to do it now, better than leaving us in the dark making our own theories...

PS. I don't spend money so theoretically it could be connected with that but I very much doubt that. If someone who spends money denied those permissions permanently, please comment to help shed some light into this.

Signature
Posted on 9/17/18 5:01:32 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Signature