Castle Clash: Brave Squads Today: 0    Total Posts: 20810

Total:#4

Create Thread

[Media] Opening 1582 Pet Bag II

[Copy link] 3/472

Posted on 7/1/18 7:14:10 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

My original goal in making this video was to get my Purrsalot to level 26 to get the max bonus from the Compendium to start working on the 600,000 point achievement from Labyrinth. 

Through the rambling I did required to fill a 14 minute video about opening bags, I got to a place where I was talking about randomness with IGG, so when I watched the video back myself and saw the results over a FAIRLY LARGE SAMPLE, it came out pretty random from a mathematic stand point.

The reason I say that is because there were only 8 possibilities from the randomness. It's not like rolling for heroes, talents or enchantments. I did almost 1600 rolls with only 8 possible results.

Does this speak to the overall situation with randomness at IGG? It can't because we don't know if the number generator for every random decision is the same.

But it is nice to see I think.

Opening 1582 Pet Bag II

Signature
IGN: witHonor
Might:610k+
Guild: FTK
www.twitch.tv/withonor
www.youtube.com/withonor
Posted on 7/1/18 8:10:13 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I usually watch YT videos of CC for either information or entertainment.   Opening bags (or rolling heroes) is not my idea of entertainment, so I looked for information.   

And there was some, but I kind of wanted more.  In particular, you started pondering toward end of the video if this is big enough sample to start forming some conclusions about randomness of rolls.  I think it is.  Obviously the more the better, but at 1582, law of large numbers kicks in enough to form some conclusions.

So, I hoped to see raw counts for all pets.  You mentioned them for pursalot, and there might be enough frames to count numbers for all of them (not sure, need to rewatch the whole thing), but would be nice if the counts were explicitly mentioned.  

Still, interesting and informative video overall.  Thank you.

Signature
Guild: Neldy on Android (we are recruiting)
Name: Rusty (Rustyx in game)
Might: ~445k
Guild title: resident wisenheimer.
Line ID: Rustytroll (big shock there, eh?)
Posted on 7/1/18 10:34:46 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Based on what Rusty said, I did research and opened 1092 Pet Bag I.

1092 Pet Bag I

This combined with verifying that 1 Pet Bag II can only result in 1 pet based on the main video will give significant data.

Signature
IGN: witHonor
Might:610k+
Guild: FTK
www.twitch.tv/withonor
www.youtube.com/withonor
Posted on 7/1/18 11:31:15 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Why don’t you just tell us the results...I’m not going to watch a 14min video...

Signature