Castle Clash: Brave Squads Today: 0    Total Posts: 39104

Total:#10

Create Thread

[Chat (Amazon)] Here we go again... 8.9 meets it's end?

[Copy link] 9/1085

Posted on 4/27/18 10:45:05 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

So the release is live, I know many who have already installed but oddly (or should I not say that) the update is not available to most of us using the old 8.9 HD.  Along with the many previous problems it again appears to have hit us directly by no longer even showing CC as an app in the store.  It's a bit hard to upgrade when the game itself is no longer available to our select userbase.  I can't say I expect different.  Most just gave in and changed hardware after one of the many 2+week repair timeframes.  

I guess I will twiddle my thumbs and listen to the crickets.  

Anyone else still holding fast to the old school?  We dinosaurs may be staring at the CC tarpits.

Update:
Well minutes after my logging in shows the pixie update now screen but if you hit it (it goes to CC in the app store)  there is no update just reopen.... 

At least there is the option to skip for now.

Signature
Pronounced like the food, fry...

Guild: Bloodline, Amazon server.  
Posted on 4/27/18 11:04:39 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Sorry it would not let me delete this second post from my phone.

Signature

Posted on 4/28/18 12:58:35 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Forgive me if it is a stupid question, but does IGG ever give a direct download for APK for Amazon?   They do for Android, so that if you have problems with Google Play app store, you can bypass it and download and install APK directly.   

I checked news announcement of CC Amazon update and didn't see a direct APK link, but might be due to slow Amazon approval process and them not wanting people grabbing update too early before Amazon approves it.   I also googled a bit and saw some sites offering Amazon APKs, but for old version of CC.  

Good luck.   I tried to update game on my Fire (HD 8 generation 7) and it had no issues.   Tablet running properly both Amazon and Android CC current versions.   But it is newer hardware and software, so you are probably right that 8.9 is nearing the end of its support cycle.

Signature
Guild: Neldy on Android (we are recruiting)
Name: Rusty (Rustyx in game)
Might: ~250k
Guild title: resident wisenheimer.
Posted on 4/28/18 7:26:11 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Let's see how long it takes to fix the circle of death this time ( if they even bother )  but at least we may get a few gems in compo . Funny how the skip button was in straight away this time almost like they knew it was messed up

Signature
Posted on 4/28/18 2:02:48 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Yeah and as for APK  I have not seen one in maybe 2 years side they needed one to reverse an update if I recall.  It would help. Same with wegamers  saw one then never again.

Signature

Posted on 4/28/18 11:59:12 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

No side load files for Amazon games.... BUT...  My Nexus 9 has problems like your fire he 8.9. my wife has 1 of those, red screen of death....
I have to go to an apk site and install Amazon underground app, try the MY APPS in the top right corner drop down menu, far right on the apps screen is app updates. May need to stay there a few, then exit app, clear it or or reboot, then return to that screen.
If you already have a pending update, then when it shows up in underground you will know the underground app has synced and you should see the C.C. update.

Try all this BEFORE you allow Amazon to update the underground app. If the C.C. update still doesn't show up THEN update the underground app, reboot, and return to the updates screen again.

I could upload the underground app, but I would need a moderator to tell me that a link is O.K. and what web host would be acceptable for the link....

Signature
COMPuter JANitor = compjan. U.S.A.
Posted on 4/29/18 6:08:47 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

I'm pretty sure amazon underground no longer allows you to download onto android devices it directs you to the new amazon app store to do it.

Signature
Posted on 4/29/18 12:32:01 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I gave up on the kindle 8.9 when it crippled my game for ten days when heartbreaker came out. I converted to a kindle hd 8 and have had no issues at all since. Ironically, IGG tried to get me back on the 8.9 a could seems after I got the transfer done. No way, although the big screen was nice. It's a matter of obsolete technology running its course. Move on from that device.

Signature
Posted on 5/19/18 4:23:12 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

HD 8.9 is installing the update RIGHT NOW!!  I went to the Amazon web site, told the castle clash page to send to my device and selected my HD 8.9.

IT IS DOWNLOADING!!!!!!

Signature
Hardware-pounder
Posted on 6/14/18 2:40:44 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

LOE_Frey, I upgraded my NON LTE 8.9 to Android 7.11 at X-DA developers. My wife liked it so much she had me convert her LTE 8.9 ! !

Look for me at X-DA, I am compjan there. I would be glad to help you.

P.S. , you can have Google play also !!!!!

Signature
Hardware-pounder