Castle Clash: Brave Squads Today: 7    Total Posts: 12731

Total:#11

Create Thread

[Chat (WP)] The fate of Windows server

[Copy link] 10/569

Posted on 10/22/17 5:26:06 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Hello there, 

Recently, Microsoft representative shared this tweet: https://twitter.com/joebelfiore/status/917071857370595328
It means that there will be no more WP based phones released. At the moment Windows server's community is the smallest comparing to iOS or Android and it is growing slowly (if growing at all).

Considering these recent news I see there three scenarios:

1. IGG will begin advertising the game on Windows platform to hasten the server growth (good)
2. Windows server will be shut down (bad)
3. IGG will allow players to choose the platform for transfer (ugly)

The worst thing which could happen is the server shut down. I believe it is the worst option for both players and IGG (since they're losing the part of solvent players, hence income). 

I'd like everyone shared their thoughts on this matter.

Signature
Posted on 10/22/17 8:08:08 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

This is not actually a suggestion.
~WP Chat

Signature

Follow IGG @Facebook.com/IGG    Follow CC @Facebook.com/CastleClash
Posted on 10/22/17 8:12:41 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Not necessarily, plus if they did shut it down, not likely soon, WP has a smaller player base and could switch to another platform and be reimbursed if p2p. It's not necessarily a doomsday situation but worth keeping an eye on

Signature
Posted on 10/22/17 10:16:50 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Don't forget win10 laptop/tablet/pc the phones were garbage once Microsoft took over from Nokia

Signature
Posted on 10/22/17 10:40:01 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

smh you guys are so childish how about you bring this up when they actually say "windows server is shutting down" I don't even know of anybody that has transferred accounts from windows to droid or ios because its a terrible deal xD I don't think windows is shutting down soon

Signature
Hit me up if you have any questions or need help with anything in game my line(a chat app) ID: jay_przy
Posted on 10/22/17 11:00:02 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

I don't think it would take this much effort to make Windows client run on PCs.   Whether there is a market for this game on PCs, that is another question.

PC is not a bad platform for it.   I run my game mostly on PC, (Android emulator Bluestacks) and in most ways prefer this way to playing on a phone.

Signature
Surgeon General has determined that the above post may contain unhealthy doses of snark, sarcasm or general tomfoolery.  Proceed with caution
Posted on 10/22/17 6:31:13 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

75% of the people I know play on tablets, and pcs.... only a few play on phones.

Signature
Greenbay. 12-4, going to Super Bowl 52, Will win 35-28 against Chiefs. 
Posted on 10/22/17 10:32:22 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

If they did ever shut it down I would be fully interested in a transfer option.  I'm not sure how that would be "ugly".  They would just need to allow people to change the email address associated with their account and hand out name erasers to anyone with a conflicting name.

Signature
Posted on 10/22/17 11:28:19 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Laptop to hdmi cable to 56 inch flatscreen works well for me .

Signature
Will Work For Fame
Posted on 10/22/17 11:36:25 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

We got pd/tablet /lappy and they just stopped making hardware for it not software and server store etc....

Signature
Milan