Castle Clash: Brave Squads Today: 11    Total Posts: 2621

Total:#12

Create Thread

[Suggestion] Hero Idea: Copy Cat or Ape/Monkey King

[Copy link] 11/310

Posted on 11/7/17 8:00:29 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I fully expect this to never be made (like most hero ideas), but the idea was so interesting to me I just couldn't let it go.

So the idea for the hero would be for it to be a large (Orksbane size) with a black panther or gorilla/monkey king look to it. The idea being copycat or aping or monkey see, monkey do type shenanigans. It would also be a melee Hero, not a ranged one.

For simplicity I'm going to use Copy Cat for the name of the Hero, but any of the three works for this idea.

In effect, Copy Cat completely copies the first Enemy Hero to come into their range (no copying friendlies). Copy Cat will then maintain that copy for the entire battle, no changing (so strategy can play a part by forcing it to copy a useless skill or a really good one).

Copy Cat retains its own appearance and stats, but gets a copy of whatever skill the Enemy Hero has. The copy of the skill is at whatever level Copy Cat's skill is. So if Copy Cat's skill is level 10 and the Enemy Hero's is level 4, they still get the skill at level 10.

When Copy Cat procs, they get the visual effect of whatever skill they copied (so a PD copy would have pumpkins above their heads, Santa Boom would have him sending out exploding rockets, et cetera).

In terms of stats for the Hero, that would more depend on which version used.

Copy Cat should probably be relatively fast in movement and attack speed, while probably more average in hp and slightly above average in terms of attack power.

The Ape King should probably have more attack power and HP and maybe be more average to slightly above average in attack and movement speeds.

The Monkey King version should probably be slightly above average in all, sort of an all around good, but not necessarily great in any one area.

Also, just to be clear, I'm not suggesting three different Heroes. I'm suggesting one Hero with three possible looks/stat packages, all with the same Skill... the ability to copy one Enemy Hero's skill for the duration of the match.

Signature
Ok, sure.

What?

Move along, please.
Posted on 11/7/17 9:02:30 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

1. not easy to implement the skill
2. this hero will not be able to proc when no enemy hero in range (raiding or gw)

Signature
Posted on 11/7/17 10:54:32 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Yeah great idea.. but

Signature
http://mokoterscc.blogspot.com
Posted on 11/8/17 1:59:22 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

I like the sound of monkey king.  He could stun enemies with his "handsomeness" lol

Signature
Posted on 11/8/17 2:06:15 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

So what happen if copycat vs copycat?

Signature
Posted on 11/8/17 2:08:52 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

But on a serious note, If there were to be copy cat hero his hp would HAVE to be low. And the ability to copy a skill makes no sense. The copy would have to be weaker than the original. IMO

Signature
Posted on 11/8/17 6:36:22 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Its a Cool Ideam But as Some of the Poster Above me said, A Hero Like Copycat will need a Hero in the range of his Proc in order to him to mimic anything. so it will be a waste of a hero if he is in assisting position in any raid, GW Attack

Signature
[left]You are the best for yourself[/left]
Posted on 11/8/17 12:46:45 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Well, there are two ways to handle the No Enemy Hero in range thing.

One is that it is simply a feature of the skill, requiring you to plan his usage around getting him in range of an Enemy Hero ASAP. While interesting, I guess I kind of agree that it is probably not the best way to go, since it would really limit his usage.

The other is that his skill itself could copy one hero at random, on proc, if he hasn't already gotten in range of anyone, yet. So you can control it by getting him in range of someone ASAP, or you get a random one if he procs before getting in range.

That way there is no safe way to choose what he gets, you have to put him in danger or you get luck of the draw.

Signature
Ok, sure.

What?

Move along, please.
Posted on 11/8/17 12:54:55 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Maybe if he copied himself rather than others then yeah. I do not think him mimicing other heroes would help. I thin if he could duplicate himself like rev would be cool, but again, rev alread does that.

Signature
Free alas....
Posted on 11/8/17 6:09:53 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

That's just another summon/pet hero. We already have BT, Rev, Mike, TT, GS and probably someone I'm forgetting with summons/pets.

Another summon/pet hero, regardless of look, is just more of the same, in my opinion.

Signature
Ok, sure.

What?

Move along, please.