Castle Clash: Brave Squads Today: 6    Total Posts: 2947

Total:#4

Create Thread

[Suggestion] Login guild pop up notice

[Copy link] 3/165

Posted on 12/3/17 8:30:23 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I would love to see a way to set a customizable guild message that pops up when a member logs in. For example, it can be used as a reminder for guild war days, torch battle days and fortress feud event rules and times for events. I think this would help the leader and vice leaders to get messages to members even if they cannot join a chat group for easier communication. It would also help solidify guild rules and requirements.

I hope you consider my suggestion for a future update  :)

Signature
xo Janna xo
Posted on 12/3/17 9:07:11 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

This is something that the Guild Leaders / Vice Leaders do, and typically in the group chat.  Something that perhaps you have not considered it that with each update, (new hero / content releases & fixes) the file grows bigger and bigger.  At some point this will be a problem for everyone, no matter what means you use to access the game.  Having said that we need to be mindful of the things we suggest that will speed this inevitable situation up.

My 2 cents

Signature

Follow IGG @Facebook.com/IGG    Follow CC @Facebook.com/CastleClash
Posted on 12/4/17 11:28:57 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

what would be really good is to have a global guild button notification on the main interface with the Guild icon which will replace the Fortress event icon (which appears only 1 day in advance)

then if you click on this button it appears all the Guild events in grey & black with the times before the beginning (like the cooldowm time from Archdemon icon)

Signature
Think by yourself, dont be sheep

Quebec_420
Posted on 12/7/17 6:32:18 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

The thing is, ANYTHING we suggest is going to increase file sizes, unless we suggest gutting features and removing bits and pieces.

That said, a text notification feature of any kind is always going to be a much, much smaller file size change than most anything that involves graphics of any kind (existing guild board graphics could easily be reused for this).

So new Heroes, new game modes, and so on are going to be far more inflationary to file sizes than any kind of text-based change will ever be... or at least it should, anyway.

Text is usually highly compressible (for transmission purposes) and the code to manipulate it is usually very simple to manage. Simple event handling for something like this is already in place and should only need minor modification, as well, since we already get popups on login.

The overhead for something like this should be absolutely miniscule in comparison to nearly any other change to the game that you can think of, aside from typo fixes and rephrasing of various bits and bobs.

And it would be vastly useful for those of us who don't use external Apps. I know a lot of people like to suggest using an external App, like Line, for guild stuff, but that solution isn't necessarily likeable or in some cases viable for everyone.

Because if App size is an issue, then suggesting a third party App as a solution falls very, very flat.

Anyway, I like the idea. I've suggested the idea before, myself. And I really don't think the overhead for something like this is considerable (or even, comparatively, noticeable) enough for it to be a valid reason not to use it, unless I'm missing something.

Signature
Ok, sure.

What?

Move along, please.