Castle Clash: Brave Squads Today: 0    Total Posts: 5936

Total:#7

Create Thread

[Suggestion] Keep up with DST

[Copy link] 6/370

Posted on 3/12/18 3:16:49 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I realize DST is a tricky creature, not same in every part of the world, etc, etc.   Still, I think most games look at US DST schedule and adjust the system clock at same time as US does.   Castle Clash doesn't, and it should.

Signature
Guild: Neldy on Android (we are recruiting)
Name: Rusty (Rustyx in game)
Might: ~220k
Guild title: resident wisenheimer.
Posted on 3/12/18 4:57:23 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I wasn't aware that this was a huge issue as many countries and soon to be states don't do daylight savings. IGG is just ahead of the times.

Signature
Posted on 3/12/18 5:01:33 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Actually Fe203, CC is on daylight savings time.  It is when the clocks fall back in the fall that there is an hour difference from the servertime and US central standard timing.  Granted they do have other vehicles that are still off.

Signature

Follow IGG @Facebook.com/IGG    Follow CC @Facebook.com/CastleClash
Posted on 3/13/18 12:54:29 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

There is no such thing as a DST time zone. And it makes no sense to say 'CC is on DST 24/7/365'.

During the winter months, the Eastern time zone uses Eastern Standard Time (EST, UTC-5 hours). During the summer time the Eastern time zone uses Eastern Daylight Time (EDT, UTC-4 hours).

The CC servers should not be said to use either EST or EDT. Instead, they use a constant UTC-5 hours. This just happens to coincide with EST. It also happens to coincide with Central Daylight Time (CDT) which is why those in the Central time zone now match CC server time.

As for which way to do it - I live in the Eastern time zone, so obviously I would prefer the servers switch to UTC-4 hours. But keeping the same time offset is fine. What guilds need to do (if they want to) is shift when they do events by 1 hour (server time). Unfortunately this isn't an option for things like TB and FF. But it is fine for bosses, lava, etc.

Signature
Posted on 3/13/18 4:33:21 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Muted  

Signature
Posted on 3/13/18 8:31:45 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Nope it shouldn't I am happy with the server reset time .GMT 5:30

Signature
Posted on 3/13/18 8:58:58 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Not the whole world uses DST....  So changing would effect many parts of the world...  However your point is this is a US server, so most of the US does observe DST....  What a pickle...

Signature