Castle Clash: Brave Squads Today: 4    Total Posts: 7513

Total:#10

Create Thread

[Suggestion] Salvage

[Copy link] 9/921

Posted on 5/16/18 1:49:13 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

I'm posting this as chat because it's a new feature and I'm not sure if it's necessarily a bug. Feel free to move this to appropriate section.
I can't salvage rewards from dungeons because it constantly keeps notifying me that my vaults are full. The dungeon rewards include gold and mana, so far if you don't have free workers or all your buildings are fully upgraded, there's no other way to use up these resources, therefore you can't salvage any reward that comes with gold and mana. It's a redundant cycle. Hey IGG, where was the 'full vaults' concern when I collected quest rewards that came with gold/mana or when sweeping dungeons? I'd say this isn't a bug but a 'flaw' in the code unless they intended it to work that way. We need a hotfix for this please, igg Ty.

Signature
Posted on 5/16/18 4:19:00 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

I added the very same thing in the bugs thread. Feel free to comment there with +1 or whatever...

Signature
Cheap 0.99USD p2p who likes to think of himself as f2p :D
Posted on 5/16/18 4:21:24 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

I go on few dungeon sweeps to reduce gold and make some choppers to spend mana.  That said, agree that this is annoying and should be changed.  No other mode that gives gold or mana refuses to work when you are full.

Signature
Guild: Neldy on Android (we are recruiting)
Name: Rusty (Rustyx in game)
Might: ~250k
Guild title: resident wisenheimer.
Posted on 5/16/18 4:39:28 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

If this is how the feature was designed, without some publication clearly defining the parameters we can't actually clasify it as a "Bug".  Also placement in "Chat" is not appropriate if your intent is to render a "Suggestion".
~Suggestion

Signature

Follow IGG @Facebook.com/IGG    Follow CC @Facebook.com/CastleClash
Posted on 5/16/18 6:43:16 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Yet again one accomplishment from the programmers where they show how disconnected they are from the game. This is probably not intended though, it just uses same award mechanic as gold and mana packages that have same error message when vaults are full. Will probably be fixed in next update. Its really anoying though that big company like IGG don't test their code.

Signature
Posted on 5/16/18 11:29:59 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Easy way to use up lots of gold is change your tower, arrow, magic etc...  if your tower is high enough.

Signature
Posted on 5/16/18 12:48:55 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I thought it was odd too. But I spent extra gold on walls and extra mana on inscription in order to get my "stuff".... not like I can't live without it, though.

Signature
Posted on 5/22/18 5:50:03 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I actually came here today specifically to post about this particular issue, and one other one, but since someone else already covered this one I figured I'd just chime in with my agreement.

Gold is fairly easy to find a way to burn, after a certain point. If nothing else you can buy and sell a few decorations (statues are a good option) to get rid of some of it, if you can't use it for some kind of upgrades.

The problem is, as it has been since the beginning of the game, there aren't really many uses for Mana... and the ones that exist are mostly one time things, require other resources that you don't have or can't afford to use at that time, or in some cases simply don't burn off enough Mana to be worth doing.

I tried buying Copters, but burning off enough to collect a 2mil Mana salvage that way would be frustrating and time consuming.

The decorations that use Mana suffer from the same issue... the amount they consume is simply too small to make it worth doing, for anything over the low thousands.

Inscribing could easily take care of the problem, if you have blue crystals to spare doing that, spare heroes to level up for it, and the honor badges to waste on it. Not everyone has any or all of those things to spare.

Getting a friend to raid you could work also, but that often requires, to be courteous and possibly to even allow it to happen, the removal of your heroes and possibly your Garrisons. It also requires imposing on someone else to help you, which brings up a host of other issues (do they have time, are they busy, do they mind helping, can they raid enough in a few hits to help, will the excess Mana be a problem for THEM, and so on) that make it far from appealing.

Upgrades are a great option, if you have any of the few that require Mana to be upgraded and spare builders to upgrade. But that has a limited shelf life, given that upgrades can last for literally weeks at a time after a certain point.

Frankly, Mana is the main issue, in my opinion.

Either we need an easy way to burn Mana, like we have for Gold, or we need the OPTION to take the losses when salvaging. That's my take on it, anyway.

Signature
Ok, sure.

What?

Move along, please.
Posted on 5/22/18 10:01:46 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Thanks for your feedback, please note that if we removed this notification, the extra of Mana or Gold will lost if it already reach the max capacity. While, as for your this suggestion, we already forwarded it to relevant team, please pay attention on game

Signature
Where there is a will, there is a way.
Posted on 5/23/18 3:04:27 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

I'd like to add my two cents, reading back all the discussion, this is clearly a Bug. As a programmer myself with more years of experience than Mathuselah, is clearly a bug in the programming, that found it's way to the productive game version because insufficient testing was done before releasing the game. 

It has been pointed really well that other features of the game aren't blocked, and from an "valorative" (not sure if that's a valid word) point of view, gold and mana are no premium resources now, so there shouldn't be any problem by "overclaiming" them, and is clearly obvious that a test case with full valts wasn't executed, therefore the bug ended on the released version. A bug, from a programming point of view is a feature or behavior that affects the product performance or user experience, leading to negative results, in this case, this fulfill exactly those conditions.

There has ben bugs in the past that has been corrected, and IGG hasn't even made an statement about it. There was that time when the armory was released. Moving it around you get full Aetherrocks. It was called an Exploit, but it was a bug at the end that was fixed ASAP. Also the Thor's hammer airplane mode (sadly could't take advantage of it). You could roll on airplane mode countless times. That's the way many got Skelly for free. 

So for the sake of discussion, the user can consider this a bug and from it's point of view is ok, and unless and Official tech support representative, or IGG programmer said otherwise, we shouldn't dismiss it as an incorrect behavior

Signature
Sup!