Castle Clash: Brave Squads Today: 1    Total Posts: 7659

Total:#10

Create Thread

[Suggestion] Rework crest combine/forge UI

[Copy link] 9/437

Posted on 7/20/18 2:52:20 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

I believe it was the update that introduced insignia that made the crest user interface even worse than before (who would have thought it's possible, right?). Before that update when you combined something, you still had the same thing selected so if you had many of them (which is quite common), you could have just continue pressing combine. Now? It clears your selection so you have to scroll through and find the correct crest/level/slot again. PAINFUL to put it mildly.

I usually combine/forge crests cca once per month (after impster ends) and using current interface is so clumsy, user unfriendly (I would even dare to use user hostile) and time consuming! It makes me so angry every time that the designers haven't put much thought into this. It casts bad light and serves as ammunition to those that say that IGG is just money hungry and invests time only into releasing new content that is not necessarily well thought out while it almost (if not entirely) completely ignores feedback from players.

Anyway, what can be done to fix this? I believe there are several things that can be done:

1) Introduce more filters. Currently we have only filter by level. Filtering by slot AND by crest type could be added. All filters should work together so I should be able to select for example revive, slot II, level 2.

2) Stop returning/scrolling to the start of the list of all crests!!! This alone would make the interface bearable. I am aware that from programmers point of view there is a problem with combining last four crests of some type/slot/level but I am sure this can be worked out (for example until you close the interface the crest would still be shown but now you have zero of them so you can't use it).

I am sure other ppl can come up with other suggestions but I think those two I described above are quite easy to implement.

PS. This is not tied to the combine/forge and has been talked about in many other threads. Just remove the extra INLAY step when changing insignia/crest, please!  The confirmation is not needed and we can see the crest slot stats elsewhere.

Signature
Cheap 0.99USD p2p who likes to think of himself as f2p :D
Posted on 7/20/18 4:24:08 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

I agree on that. It has to be fixed cause current interference is really annoying.
1. This would be interesting things. Filters would help for sure, so we wouldn't have to search over and over them again. But i think that "Type" filter would be enough, still better than "LvL" filter. If i could select only Revitalize crests, it would be much easier to manage them.
2. Most annoying part, it should stay where it was, not going to far left side every time we are doing something with crests. They should fix it asap. And if they can't fix it, then modify filters, so we don't have to scroll to right every time we want to fuse them.

Signature
Vice of Nation_Army. Want to know more about us ?? Check this:
http://cc.forum.igg.com/topic?ctid=189821&t=1454402552&p=1

Posted on 7/20/18 4:47:00 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Totally agreed.

Signature
<3
Posted on 7/20/18 5:12:47 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

I totally agree with this and it should be doable. I dont think new filters would necessarily be needed if the scrolling worked and the crests stayed in slots after forging / combining. We dont want that the UI gets clumped with filters either imo. As a UX designer it is pretty infuriating that they claim to improve user experience when they pretty much ignore every well presented and endorsed suggestion in the forum. There is no UX without the U.

Signature
Posted on 7/21/18 9:33:05 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Im all for it, it never bothered me until i started to change crests and insignias.

Signature
https://www.youtube.com/user/PixelsYoda
LINE: iYoDa2.0
Posted on 7/21/18 3:36:48 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I couldn't agree more. Can the mods shed a little light how do suggestions get introduced to developers/designers? Are they introduced at all? If yes, please make this one of those!

Signature
Posted on 7/22/18 7:41:35 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

I do agree with op

Signature
CASTLE CLASH TOOLS
http://cctools.altervista.org
Posted on 7/22/18 7:41:53 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Lol I ain't muted

Signature
CASTLE CLASH TOOLS
http://cctools.altervista.org
Posted on 7/26/18 11:43:35 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

The crest combining UI shlould be changed. The current system in unusable - and with last change that jumps after every change to start it's a nightmare.

My suggestion is:
Screen should be divided f.e. horizontally. In upper part I choose the target crest type and level (f.e. from the list). When I chooose crest type and level then in bottom part should appear my current crests of that type with lower levels. Then I should select the crests from bottom (possible selecting of different levels - f.e. i can get level 3 crest selecting 3 crests of level 2 and 4 crests of level 1) that will combine to target crest and with one button I should be able to combine it!
Fast and simpole for us and simple for the developers i think :-)

Signature
Posted on 7/26/18 7:09:04 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

These fixes definitely need to happen.  Actually, then need to have already happened!

Signature
iOS - DarkKnights