Castle Clash: Brave Squads Today: 0    Total Posts: 10149

Total:#5

Create Thread

[Suggestion] Legendary Assassin (Hero Retirement) Event

[Copy link] 4/580

Posted on 10/7/19 6:28:42 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

This is just my opinion, but we have too many Heroes that don't have any real use anymore. In my personal opinion, it's time to start retiring some of them, if there isn't going to be a specialty mode made to take advantage of them. By retire, I mean delete. Entirely. All assets, all modes that use them get adjusted, etc.

What I'm suggesting is IGG check their usage data (I'm sure they have information on which Heroes get used most and least, since we had something similar in the stat event in the last anniversary stuff), and start cleaning them out.

However, do it in a fun way for everyone. Make a big event out of it. There are numerous ways you could do this, and I'm not suggesting this is the best or even a good way to do it. It is simply an example, though I'm sure there are much more interesting ways to do it.

For instance, do it something like the world boss. There is a monster that only three Heroes can "damage".

You contribute a Hero Card to register your chosen Hero for the battle. You get one sword per day, but can get up to three more by contributing more one Hero Card for each sword. In the fight, you can use up to six of that Hero from your altar to attack the monster, built however you like.

Once the monster is "killed" (it'd be on a timer, no damage caps), whichever Hero did the most damage will Heroically, but tragically, "die" in the process. In other words, the Hero most people chose to use will have been their vote on who to get rid of.

It would be like voting for the Hero you want gone and giving him/her one last hurrah as a sendoff and earning great rewards for the battle as well as 1.5x all resources used on all of your biggest Hero of that type and then a straight refund for all the rest.

So you get useable resources back, a bonus for your biggest Hero of that type, and the rewards for participating in the monster battle (which would be nice as well). You also get a bonus for every Hero Card you have of that type.

This lets you eliminate some bloat, get rid of Heroes you don't want to bother with any more like all those ones you skipped giving skins in favor of giving second skins to other Heroes, and gives us back the resources we wasted on useless Heroes.

There are tons of possible ways this could be done, but I suggest an interactive method be a requirement. Something that is fun, not a chore we have to do to get prizes. This also puts the choice of who goes in our hands, so it should eliminate at least some of the complaining... ah, who am I kidding.

Honestly, I'm only about half serious about this. I think a legacy mode would be better, as well as updating the existing Heroes to balance them and make them useable again. The balance thing is pretty much not going to happen, if we're honest. A legacy mode is possible.

This is mainly to get people tossing out ideas about ways to make retiring Heroes a fun and useful thing that might make it more palatable. Suggestions are welcome.

Signature
Ok, sure.

What?

Move along, please.
Posted on 10/7/19 7:12:36 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Hmmm...  what about?

1) Take the hero out of roll tables or shard buys
2) Make hero exchange offer I can't refuse

That doesn't guarantee that everyone will exchange it, but it would help to prune the ranks, especially if they schedule "deleting the outdated loser next month"*

But what Mr Spectre suggested would work too, and more fun, although it would cause more programming work.

--RustyTroll

*This approach brought to you by Rusty exchanging his only Prof Ribbit for some pet crystals couple weeks ago.

Signature
Guild: Neldy on Android (we are recruiting)
Name: Rusty (Rustyx in game)
Might: ~520k
Guild title: resident wisenheimer.
Line ID: Rustytroll (big shock there, eh?)
Posted on 10/7/19 9:16:05 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

While I like the idea I am kind of programmed to view suggestions from both sides.  The member side finds the idea rather intriguing, I can't help but feel that IGG won't like this idea at all.  Perhaps creating a feature designed specifically for those seldom used blue/green/legacy purples would be something that IGG can wrap their minds around.  Honestly speaking I doubt that they will delete any of the heroes, let alone "Refund" the resources used to level those obsolete altar warmers up.

Signature

Follow IGG @Facebook.com/IGG    Follow CC @Facebook.com/CastleClash
Posted on 10/7/19 9:48:48 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I kind of doubt it, too. It was why I'm only half serious about it.

However, it is undeniable the game has become bloated and is in severe need of a pruning. This is the easiest and most noticeable way to affect that, gaining the most return for the least loss.

It would remove all the graphical resources for the Hero, which is essentially incompressible. Images are notoriously bad in terms of compression, unlike text.

This amounts to at least two avatar/profile pictures (one for non-evo, one for evo), all the various animations for the Hero's movements, the animations for attacking, and the animations for the Hero's skills effects. That alone is a not insignificant chunk of space.

The code and files that supports the Hero's existence (skill functions, stat tables, and so on) could also be purged, though I think the graphics would show the biggest return.

Maybe I'll make a post on just this subject, since that was the main reason for this in the first place. Don't want to derail my own thread. :D

Signature
Ok, sure.

What?

Move along, please.
Posted on 10/8/19 2:47:06 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Just like FirstLady i like this idea, but i had one different thing, which came to my head. With removing old heroes, chances of getting new ones would increase. Good for us we can say, but not that good for IGG which they might not like.

Signature
Leader of Nation_Army. Want to know more about us ?? Check this:
http://cc.forum.igg.com/topic?ctid=189821&t=1454402552&p=1