Castle Clash: Guild Royale Today: 10    Total Posts: 2065675

Total:#108

Create Thread

[Chat (Android)] (Version 2) Diamonds of Doom - A new HBM layout (with videos!)

Hot Topics [Copy link] 107/43282

Posted on 1/24/14 7:32:01 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Edited by willibold at 1-24-2014 07:59 PM

Hi everyone!  As you all know, after the most recent update, HBM has gotten much harder.  I myself had only been beating E about 50% after the update using the old Diamond of Doom version 1 layout (was having 99% success before update).  Thanks to leary93's post which pointed out that the enemy troops are more likely to run around walls, I was inspired to try to make some improvements and try some of my old ideas again, and after some failures I think I have a layout now that is working better than the old version ever did!

Now I've beaten E 4/4 tries with it and I just beat F for the first time ever with NO hero losses!  And keep in mind I do not have a SM or Snowzilla or Reaper,  I used 4 lvl 7 towers with no garrisons, and had no troops.  In the 4 HBM tries I recorded this morning I actually did not lose one single hero :)

Videos:

I didn't expect to beat F since I never have before, so I first recorded 3 tries of E.

Wave E - Try #1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWgNDrIk8W0
Wave E - Try #2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTPtW_7wk2c
Wave E - Try #3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz5yJrhdr1w

Wave F - Try #1     
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUeGHi7cUC4

The important thing to notice in the videos is how the heros almost never get targeted, even less than the old layout.  And unlike the old layout where losing a tower or your hero altar inside the walls was common, in this layout they are often not able to kill even one building inside the walls!  Also I think the extra space inside the walls at the top and bottom is a nice improvement over the old layout, because it lets the heros better defend the towers from griffons.

Town Hall level 15 is what I have, lvl 14 is the minimum suggested but I have a friend who used it successfully to beat D with TH13 (screenshot at the end).  The walls outside the base on the left and right are there mainly for decoration and aren't actually needed for this layout.  My arrow towers: level 7, and hero bases: level 9

Anyways I hope this is able to help some of you out there :)

I also was able to beat D for the first time on my first try on my smurf, TH 14, lvl 5 no garrison towers, and only single target lvl ~80 heros:

My friends version with TH 13, he's beating D with this consistently:

And finally another friend who has SM told me he beat G with no hero losses!

Signature
Posted on 1/24/14 7:35:45 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Edited by Toushi_Hitsugaya(89252073) at 1-24-2014 07:39 PM

may i know the lvl's of you hero? nvm i saw ito n video

Signature
Posted on 1/24/14 7:40:13 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

nice addition to it. It seems a great adjustment to adjust the walls so that the troops walk further.

What I do want to point out though is that ninja does a great job at cleaning stuff, and imho better than snowzilla, since the dino seems to be the toughest threat anyway. also, sm isn't a must. Tg though is, its quite an accomplishment to kill wave F5 or higher without TG xD. Id recommend you trying a tower for F btw, makes dealing with the centaurs a lot easier. Im using a cannon and I cant imagine doing F or G without it as easy as im doing atm.

Signature
Posted on 1/24/14 7:44:17 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Thank you for this :)

I'm patiently waiting for my TH to upgrade to lvl 13, so I can try this layout with 4 towers.

Signature
Posted on 1/24/14 7:50:38 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Looks like troops would start shooting at the towers/attacking the walls on TH 13, has your friend experienced this at all? I'm looking for a new setup for TH 13 & if that isn't the case that would be a pretty good setup.

Signature
Posted on 1/24/14 8:06:30 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

lol, dont use paladin. I even put away my atlanticore into a garrison, because you need dps, not a random bomby hero which sometimes just fails to do anything.

Signature
Posted on 1/24/14 8:09:02 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

it really sucks how in this game only certain base setups are successful and not everyone can be successful in hmb without using them

Signature
GAURAV
Posted on 1/24/14 8:13:52 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

(89402371) replied at 1-24-2014 08:09 PM
it really sucks how in this game only certain base setups are successful and not everyone can be suc ...

Well, base designing is a part of the game. and by base designing there are a few basic things a good base always has:

1. focussed aggro (because druid wipes a base without focussed aggro)
2. Protection for your heroes (they are the most important, since they are the most powerful)
3. protecting the towers (they too do matter)
4. Slowing down the monsters long enough (could also be called, abusing the pathing AI)

If you miss any of these 4, you have a bad base.
The more you can excel in those 4 points the better.

Signature
Posted on 1/24/14 8:31:18 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

heres my setup. used centaurs... still lost to wave c but again i think its cause i dont have legendaries... the magic towers actually ruled with this design! thank you very much for it!

Signature
Posted on 1/24/14 8:32:25 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

(96403654) replied at 1-24-2014 08:31 PM
heres my setup. used centaurs... still lost to wave c but again i think its cause i dont have legend ...

by the way i have lvl 13 hero bases all the way around and 3x lvl 6 and 1 lvl 7 magi tower. with th15 on the way.

Signature