Castle Clash: Guild Royale Today: 29    Total Posts: 1191316

Total:#15

Create Thread

[Chat (Android)] What's the reason behind..

[Copy link] 14/1646

Posted on 10/16/13 10:15:27 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Not being able to hire troops, buy spells, or interact with the hero interface while the army camp, relic hall, and hero alter are in the process of being leveled up? It's stupid to have to wait days/weeks to actually play the game how you want to while they're updating. It's so frustrating and I'm surprised there aren't more threads complaining about it. Has it been pushed to the admins/devs yet? It should have more priority over new heroes which people haven't even asked for.

Signature
Posted on 10/16/13 10:18:19 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I don't know the reasons behind it, but it's the main reason I haven't worked on my Camps, Relic Hall, or Altar as much as everything else.
Yes, I have pushed this to the devs, as well as the other Mods too.

Signature
Posted on 10/16/13 10:22:59 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

The only reason I could see from it is to push the use of gems to speed/finish up the upgrading process therefore you would "purchase" more gems.

Signature
Posted on 10/16/13 10:30:37 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

they should create a separate dungeon to help finish our buildings faster and army camps shouldnt be locked out from creating troops.  thats kind of a buzz kill

Signature
Posted on 10/16/13 10:34:26 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Edited by ygritt at 10-16-2013 11:35 PM

Yeah unfortunately for us this is the game's way of forcing us to buy gems if we don't want to wait long upgrade times. Higher level upgrades do get tediously long, but for majority of us players with limited spending capabilities, we have don'y have much choice but to wait.

I wonder now, how long would it really take to max. out a base without spending gems and with only 2 builders? That's what my cheap-a$$ is currently finding out... ;P

Signature
Posted on 10/16/13 10:36:01 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

If they did it to encourage gem purchases, they made a mistake. The majority player base doesn't buy gems. The wait times and not really being able to play would just allow them to get bored of the game. And it's the majority of the player base that keeps the game running. I've put in a lot of money, but still recognize that the huge majority of non paying players is what generates interest in the game. A few hundred high paying players doesn't keep a game afloat.

Signature
Posted on 10/16/13 10:39:55 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Battou1 replied at 10-16-2013 11:22 PM
The only reason I could see from it is to push the use of gems to speed/finish up the upgrading proc ...

agreed, that is their plans !

Signature
Posted on 10/16/13 10:42:25 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

(89147140) replied at 10-16-2013 11:36 PM static/image/common/back.gif
If they did it to encourage gem purchases, they made a mistake. The majority player base doesn't buy ...

I agree probably only the Top 100 may have used gems to speed up their upgrades that's why most of them have maxed out bases.

While it is true that majority of the players don't spend gems for upgrading, one could still strategically schedule their upgrades in such a way that it wouldn't significantly affect gameplay. IMO, the only debilitating upgrade are those of the army camps and the relic hall. I just wish they'd allow us to hire troops and buy spells even when those two are upgrading. For all other buidings, they could keep the long upgrade times and I couldn't care less. Just give us those two - ARMY CAMPS and RELIC HALL - and majority of the players will be happy.

Signature
Posted on 10/17/13 1:54:18 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Do the army camps timers get crazy long like upgrading troops? I have nearly done the 4 day upgrade but am so sick of getting attacked because i used the troops in those camps and got left with nothing!

Signature
Posted on 10/17/13 3:19:46 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Edited by ygritt at 10-17-2013 04:21 AM

@mufflesz: LOL I know that. I overhire before upgrades. But even then, those two full army camps that I hired are bound to be lost due to my constant raiding. Just imagine if my army camp is upgrading for 3 freakin' days? You know, just sayin'....

EDIT: Now that I think about it, how about letting us hire an unlimited (or limited by the amount you can hire) amount of troops so that even though the army camps are upgrading it wouldn't affect much our gameplay? Fair deal?

Signature