Castle Clash: Guild Royale Today: 0    Total Posts: 12315

Total:#18

Create Thread

[Guides] Lava 3 Tactics

Spotlight [Copy link] 17/14898

Posted on 5/13/16 3:52:21 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

So we've been trying out a number of setups in lava3... And I'd just like to report back on what works, and what clearly doesn't.. So I'll run through what we've discovered...

The best position we've found is 3 right hand side, and the other in the bottom right of the middle 4 spots.

The best setup we've found in terms of minimum required heroes: 1(+) arc (pixie can work at high level), 1(+) tree, 1 ice demon, 3(+) pd, 2(+) gh, 2(+) pk, 1 dd. The other heroes must then be high dps heroes - pk, sm, gr, bt, santa. There should really be at least 8 high dps heroes overall.

Now I'll just describe the purpose of each of the heroes included, since not all are immediately obvious:

Arctica/Pixie - to remove the shield of right hand boss when it activates
Tree - to provide initial protection, and revive downed heroes
Ice Demon - to perma slow last 3 demons, so they don't get a hit in toward the end.
PD - speed cap
GH - healing
PK - great dps, but also as a fast hero, these will always reach the 2nd and 3rd demons first, ensuring perma slow works.
DD - the middle spot has a dino which will 1-shot most heroes. A maxed DD will take a beating, and not get 1-shot, allowing the middle team to survive consistently.
SM - great dps
GR - great dps
BT - great dps, and for middle spot also provides more targets to be 1-shot, increasing overall team survivability.
Santa - great dps

Now, crests and artifacts - All crests should either be slow down (for the extra hit as well as adding to ID perma slow) or revive. Recommended is revive for the middle spots - even with DD tanking, this spot is HARD!

Artifacts should all be goblet/victors for extra survivability. Every person should also have 1 hero in Garuda, to prevent the right hand demon proccing as frequently.

DPS Comparison:
Based on 7sec period, heroes get in the following number of hits:

Hero          Hits in 7s
          BT             78.75
          PK               70
          SM               55
          GR               55
          Santa           55

Assumptions: 4 targets, demon shield down, no val/cupid

What we tried and doesn't work:
No arctica/pixie - timeout
2 right, 2 bottom - wipe
3 right, scatter team left - left side wipe
No ice demon - can work, can also fail horribly on 2nd and 3rd demons.
Not having a pk to go top and bottom after first demon dies - perma slow is useless, heroes start dying

Hope some people find this useful - if you have any other advice, please comment! I feel like we're just about there in terms of farming it now... But it's early days, and I welcome any other tips!

UPDATE:
This is the team I'm starting to use for mid spot:

Signature
FREEEEEE!
Posted on 5/13/16 4:00:32 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

I'll post some SS of team setups later...

Signature
FREEEEEE!
Posted on 5/13/16 4:09:02 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Thanks! SS of setups would help for sure

Signature
Posted on 5/13/16 4:20:50 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Great info thx

Signature
Posted on 5/13/16 4:22:20 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Oh and pls post setup screenshots. Espescially formation of the middle right spot would be interesting since some heroes always go towards middle boss at start

Signature
Posted on 5/13/16 4:48:56 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Aries help's a lot. Especially if middle boss can go down under calamity which means more damage to other demons. High revite vlad can also help with crowd control. The more pk/gr/sm/hq there is the better.

Signature
Red pill or blue pill
Posted on 5/13/16 6:39:05 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Man, thank you for your effort that you put in writing this. This is THE MOST USEFULL THREAD THAT IVE EVER READ ABOUT LAVA3
Please dont forget to screenshot the team formation :D
Good job :D

Signature
So my foot's totally stuck in there right, i'm freaking out, the dog's having a seizure and i still got half a pie left ^.^
Posted on 5/13/16 6:46:31 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Great info as always Olaf. Thanks!

Signature
ENGLAND leader

Join ENGLAND (top 50 might): http://cc.forum.igg.com/topic?fcid=307&ctid=264229

PM me on LINE for info: azrael2
Posted on 5/13/16 8:24:28 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Great job, thank you very much Olaf

Signature
Posted on 5/13/16 8:30:30 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Olaf, what do you use to counter the vlad and arctica on the right side?  I've been pushing for one person to bring a 3-4 revite vlad to help wipe them, but you might have a better way.

Signature