Castle Clash: Guild Royale Today: 0    Total Posts: 13081

Total:#5

Create Thread

[Suggestion] Paladin Revamp Suggestion

[Copy link] 4/739

Posted on 8/3/17 2:39:05 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

I provide a bit of an explanation to my reasoning behind this suggestion, but it's not necessarily required if you only care about the basic idea and not why I think it would be a good thing. If you want to skip the explanation, just jump down to the bolded "Idea" tag.

So... while I think a few of the early heroes could use a bit of a "going over" to make them more relevant in this age of massive power creep in the game, that applies to none moreso than Paladin.

I can't speak for everyone, but I know for me and most of the people in the guilds I'm in he was a placeholder at the very best (first hero replaced for almost everyone I spoke to). Now he just sits there in my Altar, never being used, but kept for the might boost.

When the Bios came out, I hoped we might see Paladin get a tune up to at least try to make him useful again, since Paladin's Bio is directly tied to another, far more useful, hero: Valentina . That never happened though, nor did I really expect it to.

Idea:
So my suggestion is to give Paladin a special bonus any time he's running alongside Valentina, since his Bio denotes him as her "personal bodyguard". When she's around, he becomes a more zealous defender, making him or possibly the whole team a better defender.

The idea comes in two "flavors".

The first is that Paladin personally guards Valentina, when she's on the field. He stays near her, pulls aggro from her, and keeps her safe until he dies. He also personally becomes more useful during this, by getting a boost to his attack speed, attack damage, and possibly a weak life drain effect so that he is a better guardian for her. No matter where he is dropped he will go straight to Valentina, to do his duty.

The second follows the same general premise, with him taking agro and going straight to guarding Valentina above all else. But in this one the boost to speed, damage, and the life drain effect is applied to the whole team, the reasoning being that by helping the whole team, Valentina will be safer.

For the effect to come into play, both Paladin and Valentina have to be on the field and Paladin has to be in range of Valentina (he stays in range unless fighting, then immediately returns to her).

I kinda like both versions. I think the first is a bit more on point, while the second more useful overall. So it is hard for me to say one over the other.

Also, just to be clear, I'm not talking huge bonuses with those boosts. Maybe something on the level of a 30% increase to attack and attack speed, and maybe life drain 2 or 3 for the team version. A bit higher boosts for the Paladin only version, since he would be fighting harder without "help".

So that's my suggestion to make Paladin more useful. :)

Signature
Ok, sure.

What?

Move along, please.
Posted on 8/3/17 7:57:38 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Better yet, demote Pally to Elite and promote Ice Demon to Legend in his place.

Signature
Visualize Whirled Peas
Posted on 8/3/17 9:09:46 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

in other word, Paladin is new Pet of Valentina.
really funny.

Signature
Posted on 8/3/17 9:32:09 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Or just give paladin a built in talent. Bs8 or corrode5 can easily makes him more useful.

Signature
Sunpirates
HBM AF, ID6-10
Posted on 8/4/17 6:40:11 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

GmCiccio mentioning that the suggested ideas would turn Paladin into a sort of Pet for Valentina did spark another possible idea to make Paladin useful.

Perhaps Valentina could be modified so that Paladin actually is a sort of summon/pet for her. When she's placed, she pulls your highest evolved Paladin onto your drop list as a bonus hero. So with her you could have seven rollable heroes on the field, if you choose to drop the Paladin.

To clarify, if you have six hero bases, with say PD, Ghoul, Vlad, Aries, SK, and Valentina, when Valentina is dropped she will pull in a seventh hero to your drop list, not onto the field, in the form of a guardian Paladin. Then you can choose whether to use the Paladin or not.

No other special bonuses, just a bonus hero for you to use or not, whenever Valentina is used.

And in modes where you don't choose when or how to drop, such as Torch, defending raids, and so on, it could be automatic that she brings him out or it could just not happen at all (either way would work).

Plus this wouldn't require any major revamps of the characters, just a modification to Valentina's drop, and possibly use, code to pull in a Paladin for use.

Just a thought that popped into my head at the mention of Paladin being a Pet. :)

Signature
Ok, sure.

What?

Move along, please.