Castle Clash: Guild Royale Today: 0    Total Posts: 13291

Total:#5

Create Thread

[Suggestion] Practice Modes for Boss and Castle Crisis

[Copy link] 4/742

Posted on 8/8/17 6:23:06 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

What I think we need is a practice mode for the Guild Bosses, Ember Army, and Archdemon. Just a mode where we can experiment and practice without wasting our limited real chances at these.

What I'm suggesting is solely a practice mode, where everything works the same as in the actual modes. You would get no rewards for it, though maybe a best time/score board would be neat. But it would solely be so that you can refine your methods and/or just run it for fun.

Because Guild Bosses in some guilds can be down in no time at all, so if you need to work on the heroes you use or the timing of hero drops and so on, you can often have a very limited amount of time to do it in. And if you don't get it right, you can go days or longer trying to work it out, which can mean a lot of lost resources.

It can be even worse for Ember Army, which lately has been down after about a day or so of opening. So if you don't get it right the first two, or four if you're lucky, times of running it, you have a long wait until the next try.

Archdemon is a little better than Ember Army and a little worse than Guild Bosses, since it seems to be on a timer, but that's also still very limited.

With a practice mode, you could play at it all you like, both for testing new setups and also just for the fun of it. With no rewards for it, all you'd get out of it is the potential increase in actual rewards from the real mode and the fun of it. Also possibly bragging rights if you're one of those at the top of a leader board, if that was included.

Personally, I would get a lot of usage out of something like this, since it would help me do better in the real modes. Plus I also like the idea of playing around with things like trying to kill a boss with a solo PD or just how fast I could kill a boss in one run.

Signature
Ok, sure.

What?

Move along, please.
Posted on 8/8/17 6:42:24 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

hells yeah

Signature
Greenbay. 12-4, going to Super Bowl 52, Will win 35-28 against Chiefs. 
Posted on 8/8/17 10:50:22 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Yes ! Something like a Sandbox Mode has been requested for a long time. Should be considered seriously for implimentation.

Signature
[left]You are the best for yourself[/left]
Posted on 8/9/17 10:44:34 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

You can use hbm to practice for ember army. And guild boss is never an issue because you can do it on daily basis. Of course you'll have a fail streaks in the beginning for few days, but that's very normal. For archdemon, it's either you can do it or not. The rest is depends on the luck factor. Imo things will stay the same unless you build a dedicated archdemon team.

Signature
Sunpirates
HBM AF, ID6-10
Posted on 8/9/17 2:54:46 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I appreciate that it seems pointless to you, but I respectfully disagree.

HBM as practice for Ember Army isn't really true, IMO. The added buildings alone can negate any real benefit from attempting it, since they will distract the attackers, which can disrupt any attempt to "simulate" an Ember Army attack.

At best you get some experience in which heroes might work best, but it doesn't help with dealing with the flood of attackers and base designs at all, really. The only practice for Ember Army, as it currently stands, is Ember Army.

Boss isn't nearly so cut and dry, either.

For example, one of the guilds I'm in has a different boss time for weekends, because some of the members simply can't be there for the regular time through the week. Those people get two tries a week, at most, to run the boss.

That also ignores the fact that in some guilds bosses can be over in a matter of a few minutes, meaning any practice is practically nonexistent.

Sure, in a guild where the bosses last nearly the full 30 minutes you can really put in some time working on it. In guilds where they last less than 10 minutes, on a good night, that's not really possible, though.

And no, Archdemon isn't that simple, either. I've managed over 100 million in a run on one of the Archdemons, before (nothing spectacular, but for me it was great). But that was pretty much a one time thing, because I managed to get the run just right. Closest I've gotten, since, was around 88 million a few times. Usually it's less.

My timing and drop positions are off a bit, I'm sure, but remembering the intricacies from day to day and then over the long stretch between Archdemons makes it hard to pin down what actually works.

Which is pretty much the whole point.

Practice can be key for those specific modes, because they can depend on you getting things just right to do any good.

Of course, that also ignores the fact that some people would like to be able to do these things for the simple fun of it.

Signature
Ok, sure.

What?

Move along, please.