Castle Clash: Guild Royale Today: 0    Total Posts: 13291

Total:#9

Create Thread

[Suggestion] Hero Theme Idea Not Skills ETC

[Copy link] 8/637

Posted on 8/13/17 10:38:53 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Hero name: Hades                                                                 Demonic Mythical depiction with two chains he holds that are hooked to his dogs Cerberus (Hounds of Hades)                                                      I think it sounds awesome just Saiyan.

Signature
Posted on 8/13/17 1:11:02 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I don't want Hades, But I can Consider Cerberus ( His Hound) as a Great Stand Alone Hero. I even made a suggestion about making him a hero and Also a Hero  Event hero like Molt, Art and Demo.

Signature
[left]You are the best for yourself[/left]
Posted on 8/13/17 6:52:35 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Hades I'm iffy on (edited to clarify: too standard mythological, IMO).

But I do kinda like the idea of Cerberus, though what would he do? Maybe make him "three" heroes in one, so each head can attack independently and each has a different energy bar/proc? That could be interesting, I think.

Hm...

Signature
Ok, sure.

What?

Move along, please.
Posted on 8/13/17 9:29:55 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

What's wrong with hades though why just Cerberus?

Signature
Posted on 8/14/17 5:22:45 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

you know you can just press enter instead of space bar right?

Signature
Sunpirates
HBM AF, ID6-10
Posted on 8/14/17 6:57:23 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

For me it's a matter of the Greek, Roman, and Norse gods being overused in pop culture the last few years between movies, books, games, comics, and so on.

I also don't like the idea of gods as playable heroes, because they should be really strong in comparison to other heroes. They're gods, after all, which should be OP by definition.

Yet the Thunder God (who looks to be a weird mix of Odin and Thor and was left with a generic name) is one of the weaker heroes in the game, now. He just can't compete with most of the newer stuff in any way that matters, which really detracts from the "god" part of his name.

Then there's Anubis. Actually he's fairly powerful... for now. How long that lasts with power creep in play is anybody's guess, though.

So yeah, putting gods into the game to me doesn't really fit. Mythological creatures, even if they are anthropomorphic, like Aries, is a lot less restrictive in terms of power and also are far less overused.

That's why, for me, Cerberus works far better as a Hero than Hades does.

This is just my viewpoint on the subject, though. Can't speak for anyone else.

Signature
Ok, sure.

What?

Move along, please.
Posted on 8/14/17 8:04:16 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

It's like comparing a god to someone from the dc universe like superman. OR superman vs goku. They're strong and all but just because hes a god doesnt mean hes strong. people have the miss conception of what a god is.

Signature
Posted on 8/15/17 5:22:49 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Actually, Superman is a descendant of a god (Rao). It's why he's often portrayed as more powerful than other Kryptonians. Or more accurately, was used as an excuse for why he was often shown that way, after the fact.

Also, using comics and anime as examples of why people have a misconception of what a god is isn't the best idea. Because comics and anime tend to warp the concept of what a god is from day one (not to mention the power creep in a lot of anime is ridiculous), and continue to warp it as things go on.

But I digress.

Gods are usually, mythologically speaking, embodiments of a force of nature or a facet of reality like death, which is traditionally something that humans can't control or stop. They're simply beyond mortals in terms of power and ability (mentally and emotionally is another matter).

Name one Greek or Roman god, since the basis of this was about Hades, who was physically overpowered by a mortal (demigods don't count) in an actual myth, and I would be willing to at least reconsider my position.

And by overpowered, I do not mean outsmarted, tricked, or beaten in a contest of skill. I mean actually physically bested by a mortal.

Still, as I said this is just my opinion on the subject. I don't like the idea of using gods. It just seems out of place to me, unless the entire theme is about gods in general.

Signature
Ok, sure.

What?

Move along, please.
Posted on 8/16/17 12:57:02 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

I'm a Rick and Morty fan boy so I look at a god more like "The creator, The destroyer and the observer." in my opinion gods are killable nothing in the universe is infinite including the universe. But mythological gods is a different term for God. You seem educated though keep it up :}

Signature