Castle Clash: Guild Royale Today: 0    Total Posts: 13291

Total:#7

Create Thread

[Suggestion] Guild Rules/Notification

[Copy link] 6/572

Posted on 8/16/17 3:06:44 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Been adding new members lately, so I've been having to retype the guild rules a lot lately. That gets old, fast.

So can we get a Guild Rules section where we can define the guild rules (preferably with more space than the Guild info board that barely fits event times), which will then be automatically sent to any new member on joining?

Would love it if they had to click that they Agree to the guild rules to join, but that's more of a wishful thinking kind of thing.

I would be happy just not having to retype the rules/info every new member needs to know to be a decent guildmate.

Signature
Ok, sure.

What?

Move along, please.
Posted on 8/16/17 3:33:33 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I don't know if all guilds do it, but I think many do, based on what I see in recruitment messages - and that is having a guild room in Line.   You can attach notes to a room where such information would be easily accessible.

I know, I know... using third party application is not same as having native functionality; but that is where we are at this time.

Signature
Guild: Neldy on Android (we are recruiting)
Name: Rusty (Rustyx in game)
Might: ~520k
Guild title: resident wisenheimer.
Line ID: Rustytroll (big shock there, eh?)
Posted on 8/16/17 3:59:15 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

As Fe2O3 has stated, most guilds post notes in their group chat that contain the rules, any special setups and tricks.  Also most members know where to look to find this general information.

Now something that you might not have considered when making this suggestion.  The game already contains a lot of data, and each update increases the file size.  Your suggestion would not only add to that, but will also burden the servers with maintaining (storing) the data for a large number of guilds, and automatically sending out to each new member.  Some guilds have a very fast & high turnover, which could equate to millions (If not billions) of messages on a regular basis.

So while it would save the guild leaders / vice from retyping the rules, you should really consider the negative impact on the server for IGG to assume this responsibility for every guild contained in the recently upgraded servers.  I personally prefer the servers be reserved for the gaming content, which already has enough lags and glitches without an unnecessary influences.:(

Signature

Follow IGG @Facebook.com/IGG    Follow CC @Facebook.com/CastleClash
Posted on 8/16/17 4:07:04 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

And it would be possible to use (completely use it) the board of the guild information? Now you can only type a few characters, but there is a lot of space to write in.

Signature
hi
Posted on 8/16/17 6:20:13 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Per Fe2O3 & FirstLady, an external resource is best since you can do whatever you want with it.

In the case of my guild, we have this fancy pants thing here (plus the same in our LINE group):
http://vanguard666.com/Home/Rules

There are loads of third party tools to help you set things up, you shouldn't rely on in-game stuff to organize imho.

Signature
Posted on 8/16/17 8:10:07 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Also going to go with the Line App option.

Unfortunately, Castle Clash has a really bad in-game chat system.  Going with Line, Whats App, Google Hangouts, etc. is basically required once your guild reaches a certain size/coordination level.

Signature
iOS - DarkKnights
Posted on 8/17/17 4:48:35 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

The problem with external apps, websites, and so on is that it's not in the game.

Ignoring the issue that a lot of general users simply aren't going to want to bother with such a solution, even if it is a solution that the leaders are okay with using (considered going the webpage route, myself), it still has other problems that are not in any way ideal.

Foremost is that means leaving the game, at the very least, to go over the information. That is a hassle, in itself.

Not least of which is that if they're out of the game for any length of time, that means loading the game again. That increases the data overhead from logging in again, which could offset any gains from not just sending messages in the game itself (not sure how much data is exchanged at login, though I know some is).

Then there is the use of an additional app, which people may or may not have (I don't use external chat apps, myself). That can mean additional overhead for people who may have limited data usage.

Another big killer for the use of third party apps, in my opinion, is device storage. In some cases that means either they give up something else on their phone/tablet for what amounts to a support app for a game, or they do without and be excluded.

Meanwhile the guild info is always there for every guild that exists. Another similar board (or even extending the existing one), which is then popped up on the joining of new members, shouldn't increase things that much, I would think.

Text is both inherently small and compressible. Not sure if the game uses compression to send information, but if the data overhead is a worry and they don't then... yeah, that should probably be looked into.

While I get the worries about increasing file sizes for the app itself (seriously, I groan at seeing an increase with every new update), a String variable storing text data and the interface code to go with it, along with reused graphics from the guild board would be a lot less of an increase than the code and new graphics for a new hero every single month would be, I would think (there are a lot of graphics associated with new heroes).

Admittedly, I could be wrong. Never seen the code, so I couldn't say for sure... but I don't see any particular reason that a "guild rules" board or extending the existing board and making it pop up for new members would be any massive file size increase compared to something like new heroes or pets.

Signature
Ok, sure.

What?

Move along, please.