Castle Clash: Guild Royale Today: 0    Total Posts: 13291

Total:#6

Create Thread

[Suggestion] How to ruin a game mode

[Copy link] 5/5512

Posted on 9/22/19 10:24:40 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Hello, IGG

May I suggest a foolproof plan to ruin a well-liked and very popular mode - Lost Battlefield

Step 1) Change game meta to heroes which are so well protected that they can't kill each other in 45 seconds

Step 2) Award all timeouts to defender.  You know, the team which is not really there and doesn't really gain or lose anything regardless of how fight went.   Meanwhile attacker, the actual player playing the actual game, always loses the timeouts.   Because that is not frustrating and annoying at all.

Just do those things, IGG, and Lost Battlefield becomes an exercise in phone-throwing instead of fun and rewarding mode.   Ta-da!!!

P.S.  I know, I know, Miss FL...  "Rusty, make your suggestions in more constructive manner instead of your usual snarky whine-fest".   Would "IGG, stop always awarding timeouts to defenders" be more constructive?

Signature
Guild: Neldy on Android (we are recruiting)
Name: Rusty (Rustyx in game)
Might: ~520k
Guild title: resident wisenheimer.
Line ID: Rustytroll (big shock there, eh?)
Posted on 9/23/19 3:04:18 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Well those points are but bad, but you need to defeat opponent to win, so point 2 is not good. But you nailed problem in point 1. Timeout, cause it is not enough time to decide who won. On other hand there are setups which can't be defeated, and this is different story.

Signature
Leader of Nation_Army. Want to know more about us ?? Check this:
http://cc.forum.igg.com/topic?ctid=189821&t=1454402552&p=1

Posted on 9/23/19 3:33:36 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Yeah, it'd be great if the timeouts were won by the team with more heroes  left or more overall hp left.  But insted they will probably make an entire new mode rather than fixing the current ones.

Signature
Posted on 9/23/19 7:18:22 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

Fe2O3 you forgot the last step

Step 3) Introduce various items in the game (lvl9/10 talent rune..etc.) and award none of them in the actual game-mode, just give 30 fame per battle to further enrage ppl

cuz that 30 fame is rewarding af !

Signature
Posted on 9/23/19 12:47:23 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Do you really think IGG will hear you out?
It's pointless to even argue.

Signature
dx5
Posted on 9/23/19 7:35:32 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I'll suggest an extremely simple solution, which would solve the problem altogether.

* A win is a win.
* A loss is a loss.
* A timeout is nothing, meaning you don't win or lose. It is outright ignored.

Whoever has the most wins at the end wins. If no one has more wins, it counts as a push.

If you end with a push, you get no rewards... but you also lose no swords for the attempt. It's essentially like it never happened.

That way a timeout is not an easy way of stopping people. It just slows them down since they'll have to run against someone else, or try again against the person they pushed on.

I'm sure someone will say something about that giving an unfair advantage to the challenger, since they'll know what they'd be facing on following attempts, and my answer to that is... so?

They tried to use an unfair advantage (forcing a timeout to reduce possible wins), so why shouldn't I get an unfair advantage in a following attempt in the form of knowledge of their setup?

If you want to be gimmicky in how you play, you don't get to complain when it backfires.

Signature
Ok, sure.

What?

Move along, please.