Castle Clash: Guild Royale Today: 0    Total Posts: 13181

Total:#5

Create Thread

[Suggestion] Consider tying Lonely Sea/Wailing Rift Matchmaking to Might

[Copy link] 4/720

Posted on 8/27/20 9:12:38 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

So I'm personally a little conflicted about this idea, so I thought I'd bring it up for suggestion.

What does everyone think of tying the Lonely Sea/Wailing Rift matchmaking to a player's might, similar to how Raid matchmaking is handled? LS/WR are difficult enough modes that high might players need to be able to find similar caliber players to win.

That being said, I'm conflicted with the idea because it means that lower might players would have a much harder time finding a team to help them. Sure, they probably can't carry their own weight in the mode, but does that mean they should be essentially excluded?

FYI, I don't run public LS/WR, so I don't really have a dog in the fight. I just commonly see players complaining about the difficulty in finding a viable team for these modes. I'm also not certain that this idea is even possible within the game mechanics (it depends on if IGG has the resources to even make this possible). There's also the age old solution of simply raising the might requirements.

Please let me know what you think!

-Trent1234

Signature
Posted on 8/27/20 2:45:59 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

Well if they make it based on might then that could mean that lower might players will have an easier team to defeat.  I mean it would not make any sense to make a matching for mights that can not possibly win the battle, in which case raising might requirement would be the only option if they are not prepared to make viable competitions for each might group.

Signature
Posted on 8/27/20 3:12:02 PM | Show thread starter's posts only

I think another way is to make minimum team might to enter room. It would force ppl to prepare heroes for this tash, not just join at random.
Of course i think it wouldn't be that easy, since devs would have to check average might of teams which are winning and than decide and still might don't have to be correct.
What you wrote could probably fix problem with players which don't have required might to win therefore they are raising risk of loosing.

Signature
Leader of Nation_Army. Want to know more about us ?? Check this:
http://cc.forum.igg.com/topic?ctid=189821&t=1454402552&p=1

Posted on 8/28/20 11:53:35 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

The reason I even bring this subject up is that LS/WR public matchmaking has been rendered fairly useless because of the difficulty of finding a viable group. Maybe it's just not possible to change things to breath some life into it, but I figured it was worth discussing some possibilities that might give more players a larger chance of success.

Please include any other ideas if you have them!

Thanks everyone,
Trent1234

Signature
Posted on 8/29/20 2:34:08 AM | Show thread starter's posts only

One of the problem I see is the 2 daily attempt.  Players will try to use those 2 attempt regardless of the chance of winnings.  For LS, there is no might requirement (which is strange), at least for WR there's a might requirement of 180k+ (I can play WR1 with random player and win).  Try WR2/3 but the room is always empty. Setting a might requirement for LS might help (not much as LS is a bit more complicated).  So instead of might requirement for LS, I think it would be better if there's a prerequisite - condition: beat lava4 X 5 to unlock LS. A player that beat lava 4 with set/random team would at least have an idea of what's require to beat LS.  For WR1, I don't really have a lot of problem playing with the random team, it just that no one attempt WR2/3.

Signature